Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LOTW drive to resorts

Message Subject: LOTW drive to resorts
Posted 8/12/2012 8:21 PM (#577667)
Subject: LOTW drive to resorts

A friend of mine finally got the go ahead to make a trip to Canada from the war department. We've started looking for some places for out trip next year. I'm looking for some suggestions on good drive to resorts on LOTW. We would do housekeeping plan and bringing our own boat...thanks.
dougj
Posted 8/12/2012 8:43 PM (#577675 - in reply to #577667)
Subject: RE: LOTW drive to resorts

There's a good number of drive to resorts on the LOTWs. Here's a link to s nice drive to resort in the NW Angle. http://www.angleoutpost.com/., there are others as well.

If you are interested in the Sabaskong Bay area try Mylies Resost. Justin posts on this site regularity. This is a very nice resort with housekeeping available.

There's also drive to resorts in the Nestor Falls area as well as the Witch Bay and Kenora area. Lots of choices, all of them good.

Do a little google sreaching on LOTWs resorts.

Doiug Johnson
dcates
Posted 8/12/2012 9:24 PM (#577681 - in reply to #577667)

Either Mylies or Red Wing are great stays if you are headed to Sabaskong
larryc
Posted 8/13/2012 5:59 AM (#577712 - in reply to #577681)

In case it's something important to you Justin of Mylies is a constant supporter of the Operation Muskie veteran's event.
Fish-on
Posted 8/13/2012 2:04 PM (#577809 - in reply to #577667)
Subject: Re: LOTW drive to resorts

It would help if you would narrow down the area you want to go to. LOTW is huge with a variety of choices: Whitefish Bay Sabaskong Bay, the Angle, etc.
Posted 8/13/2012 2:13 PM (#577810 - in reply to #577667)

That's part of the problem, I don't know where I want to go. NW angle, Sabaskong, and Witch Bay come to mind off hand because I don't think he'd be for the first trip to Canada to be on the tough clear water of Whitefish Bay. Sounds like he wants to go to a place where he can have a good amount of action, so that's why we're looking at LOTW.
Matt DeVos
Posted 8/13/2012 3:14 PM (#577820 - in reply to #577667)
Subject: Re: LOTW drive to resorts

If you want action, you'll probably want to go to a resort either in the NW Angle or Sabaskong. Other areas of the lake have excellent fishing, too, but don't quite have the same numbers. For drive-to resorts, I'll second Doug J's recommendations. Angle Outpost if you want to fish the Angle. We've stayed there multiple times and have had zero complaints. And if I were going to Sabaskong, I'd stay at Mylies.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)