Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Trolling motor battery?

Message Subject: Trolling motor battery?
FAT-SKI
Posted 6/5/2012 9:49 AM (#563426)
Subject: Trolling motor battery?

Looking for a new trolling motor battery. Just curious what other people have had good success with? last duration ect... I haven't had to buy one in years... but I accidentally shorted mine out.. so it's time for a new one.

Any insight is much appreciated, thank you
jackson
Posted 6/5/2012 9:53 AM (#563428 - in reply to #563426)
Subject: Re: Trolling motor battery?

i usually buy the ones at Walmart. They are made by Johnson controls from what i remember. Same people that make alot of other brands. I had a set last 5+ years when i did my part charging them after use. Taking care of them or any battery is what is going to make them last. I saw no need to spend additional money on a "name brand". I had a trojan in the mix with my Walmarts and it lasted the same amount of time until they all had to be replaced. It wasn't as if it was a better battery.
toothycritter88
Posted 6/5/2012 10:09 AM (#563430 - in reply to #563428)

I get mine from farm and fleet. I'm not sure if they are around you but I got the group size 27 and they were like $65 a piece.
hawkeye
Posted 6/5/2012 10:46 AM (#563444 - in reply to #563426)
Subject: RE: Trolling motor battery?

There's a thread in the boat/motor forum. Interstate.
FAT-SKI
Posted 6/5/2012 2:36 PM (#563498 - in reply to #563444)
Subject: RE: Trolling motor battery?

Thanks, I've been looking at Walmart online a little, thats probably where I will end up going. I will take a look at the fleet farm by my house and see what they have. Thanks for the insight.
archerynut36
Posted 6/5/2012 4:52 PM (#563526 - in reply to #563426)

i have had walmarts go 5 years and thats good use on them.. the thing is the newer one you can add distilled water to them and the right way to do that is to charge the battery fully then fill with distilled water to just under the fill lid. leaving room for bubbling so you dont boil it out. then charge battery fully again and just check the water every once in a while if you are a average fisherman
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)