Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada

Message Subject: good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada
hawk
Posted 3/2/2012 9:37 AM (#543039 - in reply to #538446)
Subject: RE: good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada

Any news on this?
Pepper
Posted 3/2/2012 10:16 AM (#543048 - in reply to #538446)
Subject: Re: good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada

http://www.fftimes.com/node/249576
According to this it's a one time admission unless your already in the system. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but...
LarryJones
Posted 3/7/2012 9:29 AM (#544200 - in reply to #543048)
Subject: Re: good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada

A little late for me. After $200 for application for Reabilitation,Police Reports from everywhere I lived since birth,FBI report,Texas figerprint report,Odesa Texas Police Report(fly to Odessa Texas to get) and supporting letters from friends,over $3000 and two years later I got cleared to enter Canada. All from a DUI's from Texas & Florida that were in 1972 and were basic trafic tickets then. Every time I cross the border into Canada I get sent to Imigration for a computer check to see if I have been charged of anything new.
Angle Fisherman
Posted 3/8/2012 11:47 AM (#544567 - in reply to #538446)
Subject: RE: good news,changes in laws regarding criminal records and admissablity into canada

What nobody seems to talk about is in order to qualify for a TRP you must have a legitimate reason for going to canada which is left up to the customs agent discretion. I live at the border and go through dailey. The last customs agent at South Junction north of Roseau where I cross said a fishing trip for the weekend doesn't qualify as a reason to get a TRP. I recomend if you are going to get a Temporary Permit you know who your dealing with and find out if you qualify before your plans get ruined.
Posted 3/8/2012 7:12 PM (#544707 - in reply to #538446)

What the law states is a border agent may allow you a TRP with a COMPELLING reason which could be your far from home, a professional fisherman, with a big group of people, you have made the trip many times with out any criminal activity in Canada. Basically if you get the guy in a good mood and are nice and a good sales man you will probably get in.
pitch'n
Posted 3/8/2012 9:26 PM (#544738 - in reply to #538446)

They lost me when they came up with this DUI stuff,,(I dont have one). Just another way to get more bucks out of Americans. LOTS of great places to fish here!!
Pepper
Posted 3/9/2012 2:23 PM (#544899 - in reply to #538446)

I called Fort Frances 807-274-3655 and while they were very nice it was clear that although the policy has changed there are no guarantees that you will be allowed in. I would suggest the person with the DUI call and talk to them. There is still the TRP paperwork that must be completed and that could take a couple hours so need to plan for that.
woodieb8
Posted 3/29/2012 5:51 AM (#549236 - in reply to #538446)

sadly this issue applies to both borders. whatsw orse its been pushed forward since 9-11. for the life of me osama never musky fished, and he has been twice removed.
time for u.s. and can. borders to evaluate the damages from near closing their borders. guys just want to enjoy the outdoors.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)