Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: For every winner there are dozens of losers...odds are, you're one of them
- (Added by: sorenson)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: Anyone fish the Iron Man Muskie Tournaments
toothycritter88
Posted 4/9/2012 2:01 PM (#551908)
Subject: Anyone fish the Iron Man Muskie Tournaments

I came across the website today for this and I'm looking at fishing a couple of them. Anyone fished it in previous years and how was it?
Junkman
Posted 4/9/2012 4:36 PM (#551956 - in reply to #551908)
Subject: RE: Anyone fish the Iron Man Muskie Tournaments

I fished as many of these as I could for about four seasons now. It's been totally enjoyable for me, and I even won one.....and that sure doesn't happen too often!! I plan on being at the first one this season a week from Saturday on the Fox Chain.
toothycritter88
Posted 4/9/2012 4:48 PM (#551958 - in reply to #551956)
Subject: Re: Anyone fish the Iron Man Muskie Tournaments

And it goes as soon as you catch 2 measureable fish you are done? Or is it your biggest two? I'm planning on doing that one and the two pewaukee ones too.
danmuskyman
Posted 4/9/2012 5:24 PM (#551963 - in reply to #551908)

If you register 2 fish, you are done fishing. You do have the option to not register a legal fish but honestly how often do you catch more than 2 fish in a tournament? In my experience every time i have caught a fish in a tourney i have placed in the money so i couldn't justify not registering my second fish. Tom Rozak is in charge of the tournaments and is a great guy and does a really nice job! Hope to see you on the trail!!
toothycritter88
Posted 4/10/2012 9:40 AM (#552127 - in reply to #551908)

Ok talked me into me and a bud will fish it then the following Saturday is the frv Muskie tournament there and June 9 is the Jake wolf tourny. Good season coming up
Jeff Hanson
Posted 4/10/2012 1:36 PM (#552219 - in reply to #552127)

I have fished 4 or 5 events. They are fun. Tom does a very nice job running it.
The only thing I don't like is that you can run suckers. IMO- I don't think they belong in tournaments. Will not be fishing any events this year.
Good Luck,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Junkman
Posted 4/11/2012 8:00 AM (#552389 - in reply to #552219)

I doubt that Jeff's comment will apply to this first event on the Fox Chain. For me, I don't use suckers until September water dips below 50 degrees anyway, but I have been talking to guys on the Fox Chain boat ramps for the last two weeks and they have been saying that suckers are not available there even if you want them. Also, don't forget that the chain requires a special (and severely overpriced) pair of stickers on your boat for the priveledge to fish there. Their web site will allow you to buy them by mail and also lists two or three places in the Antioch area that sell them.
toothycritter88
Posted 4/11/2012 8:41 AM (#552399 - in reply to #552389)

Yeah I have fished the chain for a few years now and suckers have only produced late fall. Never spring. Trolling doesn't seem to produce much either but I could be wrong. Yeah I know its $80 for the sticker and plus you have to pay to launch which is stupid. The water is mid 50's now so suckers won't be a problem in this one unless we get a huge huge cool down.
figure8em
Posted 4/12/2012 2:10 PM (#552707 - in reply to #552399)

You can purchase a day pass for 15 bucks which is good for 24hrs from time of purchase. If your a out of state guy looking for a year pass get ready to fork out some dough. I think its like 120 give or take.
Junkman
Posted 4/12/2012 3:06 PM (#552718 - in reply to #552707)

I think it was $125.00 for my size boat plus the five or six bucks the retailer tacked on for his fee, but I have made three trips already and plan to go once this weekend in addition to the Ironman a week from Saturday. Honestly, I think the fee is a "bite" but with warm weather so early and no musky fishing in Wisconsin until May 5th, I just could not stand to let these days go by without musky fishing so I paid it.
Top H2O
Posted 4/12/2012 7:30 PM (#552769 - in reply to #552219)

Jeff Hanson - 4/10/2012 1:36 PM

I have fished 4 or 5 events. They are fun. Tom does a very nice job running it.
The only thing I don't like is that you can run suckers. IMO- I don't think they belong in tournaments. Will not be fishing any events this year.
Good Luck,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com

Jeff, I agree Live bait should not be used in a MONEY tournament of any kind. That's why I can't fish this trail.
Tom is a great guy ,for sure but Live bait events are not for me.

Jerome
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)