Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> know anything about these gliders?

Message Subject: know anything about these gliders?
Ronix
Posted 1/28/2012 4:37 PM (#535367)
Subject: know anything about these gliders?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WOOD-JERK-BAIT-5-3-4-X-2-5-OZ-PIKE-MUSK...

I always see those on ebay and dont know anything about themmm...decent looking lure but im not sure if theyre worth it or not?
MuskyLureFreak
Posted 1/29/2012 11:26 AM (#535473 - in reply to #535367)
Subject: Re: know anything about these gliders?

don't do it.. much better off paying a couple more $ for a hellhound or phantom..
ameletis
Posted 1/29/2012 11:47 AM (#535477 - in reply to #535473)

I dis agree, if you want a unique bait with custom colors which match the forgery in your area go for it! I know a few guys who make their on baits complete custom and the workmanship is just incredible, mainstream lures are thrown together. Just make sure that you contact the person directly, because like anything it could be a scam.
Mullhead
Posted 1/29/2012 12:36 PM (#535487 - in reply to #535477)

I would rather have a one good lure than two pieces of junk. Buy a Hoosier or Phantom. They will last twice as long. Don't waste your money on the cheap stuff.
MuskyLureFreak
Posted 1/29/2012 12:42 PM (#535488 - in reply to #535477)

ameletis - 1/29/2012 11:47 AM

I dis agree, if you want a unique bait with custom colors which match the forgery in your area go for it! I know a few guys who make their on baits complete custom and the workmanship is just incredible, mainstream lures are thrown together. Just make sure that you contact the person directly, because like anything it could be a scam.

and what do you disagree with? have you ever tried these gliders? i have.. these gliders have been floating around on ebay for many years and are massed produced in Asia some where and have no unique qualities to them.. reaction strike used to sell these under the name euro glides i believe they called them..

i also know guys that make there own gliders.. i have a few.. these gliders don't qualify.. i have around 200 gliders in about 75 different models /brands/sizes and have sold off double or triple that..

regardless if hellhounds and phantoms are massed produced or not they catch fish and i was just using them as examples anyways..

Ronix
Posted 1/29/2012 5:55 PM (#535527 - in reply to #535367)

the guy said theyre made over in china....so really not unique or hand crafted at all
TheMuskyMan
Posted 1/31/2012 6:27 AM (#535753 - in reply to #535367)

I picked one up a few months ago to see if it could work and i tried it. Completely junk,doesn't glide hardly at all. Stay away..
Ronix
Posted 1/31/2012 6:36 AM (#535755 - in reply to #535367)

will do, thanks musky man
ameletis
Posted 1/31/2012 11:12 AM (#535802 - in reply to #535755)

I was just suggesting that custom baits (maybe not these particular ones) are worth purchasing if you know the person has a good rep and have seen first hand that they work. And I am not bashing baits from phantom or hellhounds just saying there mass produced and that many rejects may be sent back. I have tons of custom baits but only from a few guys which i trust and product quality is fantastic most baits will last a life time and the muskie chewed baits can be sent back to them for re-coating if need be, I also have tons of baits from manufactures like phantom which to work just as well but if your into unique baits I would recommend finding some legit guys who make customs.
kodiak
Posted 1/31/2012 5:39 PM (#535894 - in reply to #535367)

They wouldn't be bad If the guy that got the blanks weighted them himself
Krylon Master
Posted 1/31/2012 6:06 PM (#535904 - in reply to #535894)

Kodiak
May you should buy a few a show us how to do it. And put some quick paint jobs on them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)