Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Silver Lake, Wisconsin 9-18-11

Message Subject: Silver Lake, Wisconsin 9-18-11
Beachpig
Posted 9/19/2011 12:27 PM (#517155)
Subject: Silver Lake, Wisconsin 9-18-11

We were going to hit the North section of the Fox river but water was to low so Sunday me and my buddy Mark and Hector tried Silver Lake. We were fishing for bass or whatever was hungry. Caught some largemouth and some small pike but the bite really shut down by late morning so we were going to call it a day when I hear a big splash and Mark yells he has a muskie on. Now is the fun part as Mark was using a 5 and 1/2 foot panfish pole with 6 lbs line and a 2" crappie spinner. Had to chase the fish down with the trolling motor and at one point she went under the boat and made a run. His line was screaling off his little spinning reel. It was utter chaos but after a long while and a couple of runs away from the boat we finally tracked her down and got her in the net. It was crazy and I cannot believe this fish was landed. It was Mark's first muskie of his life and man was he excited. This was a solid 41" fish and nice and fat. Quick photo and back in the water. Great day out with some good guys. Tight lines!
Esocidae
Posted 9/21/2011 8:56 PM (#517616 - in reply to #517155)
Subject: RE: Silver Lake, Wisconsin 9-18-11

Congrats Beachpig
I also got my first Silver Lake muskie this spring . got her on a WTD topwater at sunrise.
Goose007us
Posted 10/26/2011 11:38 PM (#522301 - in reply to #517155)
Subject: RE: Silver Lake, Wisconsin 9-18-11

Anyone been out on Silver Lake recently? Sucker bite on yet? Any recommendations for fall baits? I am thinking about going out next weekend but have only fished this lake in the spring. Thanks very much.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)