Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> patterns

Message Subject: patterns
jerry
Posted 9/12/2011 12:59 PM (#516137)
Subject: patterns

I'm pretty new at this sport i was wondering when every one speaks about patterns of the muskie how do you do this and is there any books written on this thanks.
The Swan
Posted 9/12/2011 1:16 PM (#516143 - in reply to #516137)
Subject: RE: patterns

Read. A couple of books I can recommend: Dick Pearson, "Muskies On The Shield"; even if you live no where near the Canadian Shield, this is well worth a couple of reads. And Tony Rizzo, "Secrets Of A Muskie Guide," (I), this is the first "Secrets" book by Mr. Rizzo, and worth the cost. Another book worth reading is "Pro Tactics: Muskies." I forget the authors of this, but you can find it on the net. If you need advice on lures, a good one is Saric and Heiting's book on "Musky Hunting." After you learn what you can learn from reading the masters, its all time on the water.
jasonvkop
Posted 9/12/2011 5:33 PM (#516205 - in reply to #516137)
Subject: Re: patterns

I think time on the water is the best way to figure out patterns. It is a good thing to read articles and books, but each lake is different and has different patterns specific to that lake.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)