Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Revo Toro vs NACL

Message Subject: Revo Toro vs NACL
esoxaddict
Posted 10/19/2013 1:07 PM (#669271)
Subject: Revo Toro vs NACL

Hearing a lot of talk about the NACL as of late. Looked up the specs, seems like a good reel. I've been using the Revo Toro 5.3:1 and the Winch these last few seasons, and aside from a kick lever that went bad (known design defect) they've been flawless.

Sooo What's the deal with the NACL? Are they that much better?

tolle141
Posted 10/19/2013 1:50 PM (#669275 - in reply to #669271)
Subject: Re: Revo Toro vs NACL

They look sweet, are more corrosion resistant, and the handles are nicer. I don't own one, but my buddy does. Solid reels all of em.
wicked
Posted 10/19/2013 2:04 PM (#669276 - in reply to #669271)

The handles are the biggest noticeable difference other than looks. More corrosion resistant and beefier springs. I want to get haandles and drag stars to convert my other toros to new handles.
jigstop
Posted 10/19/2013 10:39 PM (#669326 - in reply to #669271)
Subject: RE: Revo Toro vs NACL

THere really isn't a difference other than color and handles. Maybe it's more corrosion resistance but that isn't a concern to fresh water fishermen, The spring is the same as the other Toros, it's just put in the right hole instead of the thumb bar slot like all the ones that had problems with.
Ja Rule
Posted 10/20/2013 6:47 AM (#669339 - in reply to #669271)

Its a sweet reel I would recommended it to anyone. However if you are already using Toros and have good luck with them then you aren't really going to gain anything by "upgrading" to the NACl since there isn't a huge difference.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)