Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Motorguide trolling motor pull-cord repair/replace

Message Subject: Motorguide trolling motor pull-cord repair/replace
CDS
Posted 6/5/2013 5:58 PM (#645040)
Subject: Motorguide trolling motor pull-cord repair/replace

The pull-cord on my Motorguide Tour 54 lb bow mount trolling motor broke. (Of course while on the water) There is very little cord left to work with from inside the unit. During my initial attempt to repair it, I noticed there is VERY little room/access to remove the old cord and replace it with a new one. If anyone has had to repair/replace this cord and has any guidance/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig
jonnysled
Posted 6/5/2013 6:35 PM (#645044 - in reply to #645040)
Subject: Re: Motorguide trolling motor pull-cord repair/replace

angled nose pliar ... then just re-route the new one. i just replaced mine again and always have extra rope handy to fix if required.

it is important to route the rope properly or you can affect the time the rope will last. also, i have found that pushing the head downward prior to pulling the rope and then again using my left hand to assist the powerhead while stowing help to relieve some stress on the rope.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)