Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Johnson 9.9 problem

Reply New post
Message Subject: Johnson 9.9 problem
Netman
Posted 3/27/2011 8:32 PM (#489345)
Subject: Johnson 9.9 problem

I'm having problems with my kicker not running properly. I'm wondering if any else is experiencing the same kind of conditions. I took apart the carb and found some gunk in the main jet and the bottom of the bowl. After clearing out that, I had it running good on the stand but when on the lake again the same problem, wouldn't run without the choke on and not at all on idle. The tank is clean, the filter I checked, the fuel pump wasn't torn so I'm running out of ideas and I'm ready to take it in. Any ideas?

Bruce
LonLB
Posted 3/27/2011 8:43 PM (#489349 - in reply to #489345)
Subject: Re: Johnson 9.9 problem

Maybe clean the carbs again, but change all your fuel lines before running it again.
Netman
Posted 3/27/2011 8:53 PM (#489354 - in reply to #489345)
Subject: Re: Johnson 9.9 problem

I was thinking about that as the ethanol does attack the fuel lines. Thanks for the advise.

Bruce
Almost-B-Good
Posted 3/28/2011 6:23 AM (#489388 - in reply to #489345)
Subject: RE: Johnson 9.9 problem

For sure change the fuel lines! I had a problem like that about 10 years ago where my Evinrude 15HP kicker would starve for gas and shut off. Turned out to be a chunk of fuel line broke away from the inside wall and was partially closing the inlet to the carb. After that I had all the hoses on both motors replaced, cheap insurance against a destroyed vacation. Could be some partially eaten away fuel line has gotten into your carb and you missed it the first time or it's just more of the same getting in there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)