Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Fuel Hose Question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Fuel Hose Question
muskyhunter34
Posted 4/3/2011 8:08 AM (#490427)
Subject: Fuel Hose Question

I have a 2004 Lund Explorer with a 2003 50 hp johnson 4 sroke and a 2004 9.9 Johnson 4 stroke kicker. The fuel line is "t'd" and i am trying to install a water separator before the T.

1. What is the size of the hose coming from the tank to the T?

The fuel hose to the bottom of the T from the tank looks huge, i havent taken it off the T, but i need to know the size coming from the tank. I have read some forum stuff and it seems everything should be 3/8 but i am not sure. The top of the T is 5/16.
I am the original owner of the boat, so it all should be manufacturer equpment. However, i realize that the dealer installed the T. I live 3 hrs away from the dealer so i just cant pop in.

thanks guys, Rob

Edited by muskyhunter34 4/3/2011 9:18 AM
VMS
Posted 4/3/2011 10:23 AM (#490440 - in reply to #490427)
Subject: Re: Fuel Hose Question

Hiya,

What you could do is take the big hose off and measure the inner diameter of the hose. It might be beneficial to cut off the inch of hose where it went up over the barbs of the T just to be sure. Once you have that, you would be all set to install the separator from there. If you get a separator with two inlets and two outlets, you could eliminate the T altogether, and it never hurts to replace the hoses and bulbs every 5 years or so. If the hoses are getting stiff, it is time to replace anyway.

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)