Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Shimano Calcutta 400B Power Handle

Message Subject: Shimano Calcutta 400B Power Handle
curleytail
Posted 3/17/2011 7:20 PM (#487595)
Subject: Shimano Calcutta 400B Power Handle

I have quite a few Gander Mountain coupons saved up and was considering buying a Calcutta 400B. I'm guessing I would eventually like to put a power handle on it.

I have read some threads where guys that have put the Shimano Power Handle on their 400B have had problems with the reel engaging on the cast. Is this still the case with new 400B's? How many guys are using a power handle on the 400B, and how many have had to replace the clutch/return springs (or whatever springs need to be replaced)?

Are the springs fairly easy to replace for somebody relatively handy without taking the entire reel apart?

Also, can you send a 400B in for service once a year for free or no? Seems like I heard this about the TE but not sure about the B series.

Thanks,

Tucker
erico
Posted 3/18/2011 7:58 AM (#487670 - in reply to #487595)
Subject: RE: Shimano Calcutta 400B Power Handle

I've got 2 400's (2-5 yrs old)with power handles that will from time to time engage on the cast. If I remember to pay attention and have the paddle "down" when I cast there's not a problem. So far no need to replace springs, but after taking them apart for cleaning a few time, replacing them wouldn't be a challenge.

Not sure on the free cleaning, though I would be nice.

Eric
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)