Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed

Message Subject: Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed
Slamr
Posted 2/3/2011 9:47 AM (#479475)
Subject: Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed

Friend of mine is looking for a fly-in to a Canadian wilderness lake for a week trip with his brother and dad. Looking for a fly-in, drop off and pick up in a week kind of deal. Muskies would be a plus, but more of a slay the walleyes and get some big pikes kind of deal.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

muskyroller
Posted 2/3/2011 10:25 AM (#479485 - in reply to #479475)
Subject: Re: Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed

L & M out of Dryden is really good. Great walleye fishing and decent pike. Great service, easy to deal with, and friendly!

Sportsman's Lodge on Little Vermillion. Fly out of Red Lake. Unbelievable big pike and decent walleye fishing (100s of little ones between 14-16 inches - all on grub tails). Reasonably priced, too.
blkdrs
Posted 2/3/2011 12:08 PM (#479513 - in reply to #479485)

Nielsen's Fly In Lodge on Rowan Lake, 25 air miles out of Nestor Falls, Don Pursch's place. Pike, walleye, lg & smallmouth bass, outstanding lake trout & big muskies. Pristine waters, great lodge, cabins, equipment.

http://www.nielsensflyinlodge.com/about.htm

Edited by blkdrs 2/3/2011 12:45 PM
dcraven
Posted 2/3/2011 4:36 PM (#479588 - in reply to #479513)

I second the previous writer in Don's resort on Rowan. They have the main camp but also a more secluded cabin south of the main resort a bit if you want to cook your own food and such.

Muskies, pike, lakers, lm bass (about as far north as you'll find these) and he can point you in the right direction for walleyes.

Dan Craven
Walker, MN
ldahlberg
Posted 2/3/2011 5:45 PM (#479606 - in reply to #479475)
Subject: RE: Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed

I third heading up to stay with Don and Lynn Pursch at Nielson's on Rowan!
I'm bringing my friend from Suriname up there next summer!
Larry Dahlberg
TJ DeVoe
Posted 2/3/2011 11:29 PM (#479667 - in reply to #479475)

I've not been to Don's place yet, but after spending multiple days talking with Don at the America's Outdoor Show and really getting to know him personally, I can't wait to head there myself from the stories he shared and the hard work he puts in for each and every guest, sounds like an awesome place and definitely worth looking into!
esox69
Posted 2/4/2011 5:26 AM (#479678 - in reply to #479667)

NEILSENS ON ROWAN!
CASTING55
Posted 2/4/2011 6:18 AM (#479679 - in reply to #479678)

green island lodge on upper manitou,lots of pike and bass with muskie and lakers with some walleye in the lake.
Slamr
Posted 2/4/2011 8:16 AM (#479693 - in reply to #479475)

I know Nielsen's is a great possibility, but my friend is looking more for a one group cabin deal where they fly you in, drop you off, and you fend for yourself for that week until they come pick you up. Not a lodge/resort type of place.
blkdrs
Posted 2/4/2011 8:50 AM (#479695 - in reply to #479475)

That option is also available at Nielsen's. They have two housekeeping cabins located a mile away from the main lodge. Program is totally your own other than having to stop in at the lodge for fuel. Cabins do have stove/refrigerator, cooking utensils, bedding, linens you provide your own food. You are left alone to do your own thing & fend for yourself. Of course it's nice to know there is assistance available should any problems arise. We did this plan for many years & I can assure you, you'll feel as though your in your own little world...lol

BNelson
Posted 2/4/2011 9:04 AM (#479698 - in reply to #479475)

I would recommend Lake St. Joseph, Slate Falls Outposts....I have been to St. Joe 2 x and it was excellent. Verne is a great guy to deal with and he runs a great business. Great walleyes and pike on all 3 of their outpost lakes.
http://www.slatefallsoutposts.com/

Edited by BNelson 2/4/2011 9:12 AM
Pat
Posted 2/4/2011 10:57 AM (#479715 - in reply to #479606)
Subject: RE: Fly-In Location Information/Suggestions Needed

Hey Larry---when are you going to be up at Rowan? I'll be there at the end of August. I'd love to talk muskies with you------Pat
Big Perc
Posted 2/4/2011 11:40 AM (#479726 - in reply to #479475)

Don's place at Nielsen's offers ar housekeeping plan so your buddy could get the feel of being dropped off and having to make his own meals in a bigger style cabin but yet still have the guidance of Don and his staff if need be. Trust me, you rarely see other lodge boats on the lake. It is truly a fishing/wilderness experience everyone should have at some point.

Big Perc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)