Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Upholsterty

Reply New post
Message Subject: Upholsterty
Posted 1/20/2011 6:33 PM (#476637)
Subject: Upholsterty

Does anyone know a good reasonable priced upholstery place in central WI? Looking at getting my carpet replaced in boat this off season. Thanks
MartinTD
Posted 1/21/2011 6:52 AM (#476707 - in reply to #476637)
Subject: Re: Upholsterty

I replaced my carpet when I first bought my boat 3 years ago. It was pretty easy to do if you're willing to put a little time in. 1) Tear off all of the old carpet. 2) Use a putty knife or razor scraper to clean the surface of old glue, etc. 3) Buy marine carpet from Fleet Farm (they carry at least 5 or 6 different colors). 4) Also buy some carpet adhesive. 5) Then I rough cut the carpet to fit in the boat and layed it out evenly. 5) Start with some glue in the center and work out to the edges. 6) Trimming the edges all the way around with a sharp scissors. 7) Glue down all edges and wahllaaa. It was the first time I'd ever done it and it turned out better than expected. Honestly it looks professional. Just don't be intimidated by it. This way new carpet for the entire boat will be less than $100.

I actually re-wrapped all of my seats with new vinyl material too. That was a little harder than the carpet but also turned out well. Wrap it tight and staple into the bottom.

This time of year though, a heated garage would definitely be a necessity.

Edited by MartinTD 1/21/2011 6:55 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)