Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Undertaker

Message Subject: Undertaker
HawgHunter11
Posted 11/29/2010 12:53 PM (#468521)
Subject: Undertaker

I just bought my second undertaker this fall and threw it a few times but i have a question about them. How do you work them? When ever i use mine it always surfaces and i can't get it to stay down. I count it down and that dont work either. I love the bait cause i hooked my musky on one and when i can get it to stay down for a little while i has awesome action but i was just wondering is there a right way to work it?
mountainmuskies
Posted 11/29/2010 5:30 PM (#468550 - in reply to #468521)
Subject: Re: Undertaker

Try using downward taps when using it, it does like to hang near the surface sometimes so you may also consider some bigger hooks to help keep it down. They do work if you get one that holds up!
DR in VA
Posted 11/29/2010 5:33 PM (#468552 - in reply to #468521)
Subject: Re: Undertaker

Why not go to any golf shop and buy lead tape and weight the lure? I do this with MANY of my glide baits to get the lure to do what I want it too. Works like a CHARM.

DR
muskie24/7
Posted 11/30/2010 6:04 AM (#468602 - in reply to #468521)
Subject: RE: Undertaker

I personally don't own one! But if the lure is made of wood, Try to soak it in water for a day or so. This will help alot!

Brian
BruceKY
Posted 11/30/2010 6:48 AM (#468604 - in reply to #468521)
Subject: RE: Undertaker

I fish them very erratically. They work great when fish are tight to cover and have seen everything else. To keep it down I would not try to soak it in water. Tape some lead to the body, put a larger hook on the front, or wrap the hook with some lead.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)