Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Question 4 on survey

Message Subject: Question 4 on survey
Slow Rollin
Posted 9/18/2010 8:18 AM (#459859)
Subject: Question 4 on survey

Question 4: asks if you are a lake property owner. i know they are taking alot input from property owners, etc. I never understood why a lake property owners opinion is so heavily weighted by the DNR. I think its an irrelevant question. Everyone has the right to use the lake, river, etc. They will not live forever and future generations (if the new lake stocking is denied) will miss out on more fishing oppurtunities. Any thoughts?
john skarie
Posted 9/18/2010 8:35 AM (#459860 - in reply to #459859)
Subject: RE: Question 4 on survey

I think it's so the DNR can determine if the answer may be biased, not that it carries any more wieght.

Just like sometimes they want to know if the survey is being filled out by a muskie fishermen ot not.

JS

Edited by john skarie 9/18/2010 8:37 AM
Hunter4
Posted 9/18/2010 9:52 PM (#459928 - in reply to #459859)
Subject: Re: Question 4 on survey

How about what property taxpayers have to say! Its important its who they work for. Its where the money is at. The word "bias" is thrown around like rice at a wedding. This whole survey is bias. You have pleas going out on musky sites all over the internet saying to go and vote for adding these new waters. Thats not bias, thats not stacking the deck. Of course it is. We're not doing anything different than those that don't want the stocking to take place. But lets not kid ourselves here. Its the way the game is played. If I was doing a survey like this I would want to know what the people who have the most invested have to say. Taking that information breaking it out will show you where the true battle lies. I absolutely think its important to know what the property owners think. If just musky fisherman filled the survey out than there should be no issue with this passing. Please try and remember that we musky fisherman are a very small part of the sports fishing picture. While I want this just as much as anyone else. I think its important to remember that lake property owners probably got a small postcard from the DNR in mail one day saying they were considering adding musky to the lake their home is on. Imagine how you would react if the DNR sent you a postcard saying we're considering adding wolves to the area and you just happen to own an 80 in that area. What would your first reaction be?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)