Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Merkel's camp on Wabigoon

Message Subject: Merkel's camp on Wabigoon
Troutwater
Posted 7/13/2010 12:12 PM (#449695)
Subject: Merkel's camp on Wabigoon

Has anyone fished out of Merkel's camp before? I mostly hear about Indian Point Camp in Dryden, but never anything about Merkel's. I've been wanting to fish the goon something awful the last few years, but things just haven't worked out. I've talked to Terry the camp owner several times the last few years at the All-Canada shows, and it seems like his lodge would be a great place to go. I mainly fish muskies, but I do like going after walleye as well. Just looking for some feedback thanks.

Nathan

Edited by Troutwater 7/14/2010 8:44 AM
iowamusky
Posted 7/13/2010 5:35 PM (#449739 - in reply to #449695)
Subject: RE: Merkel's camp on Wabigoon

Merkel's camp is a great camp and Terry grew up on the lake he is a super nice person. I like this end of the lake it is away from town and not as much boat traffic it seems it is not far to go if you want to go that direction though. I don't feel one side is better than the other as far as fishing goes it is all good .It is not a numbers lake for musky but it has world class fish in it. Walleye fishing is very good also around his camp and close to butler lake and some others that are very good that you can portage through to. I think it is the place to stay on that lake. Good luck ,Tracy
Tonka Boy
Posted 7/13/2010 7:39 PM (#449755 - in reply to #449695)
Subject: RE: Merkel's camp on Wabigoon

It's a great place. I'm hoping to get back there next year myself.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)