Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> DUI-Canada

Message Subject: DUI-Canada
Johnny Lawrence
Posted 6/24/2010 7:44 AM (#447110)
Subject: DUI-Canada

I got one in college about 7 or 8 years. From everything I've read 5 years or less removed you have no shot if they see it. After 5, you can get some kind of pass or grant from the government which takes some time and money. My question is has anybody every gone through that process? How long did it take and what was the cost? Was it a 100% guarentee you'd be allowed to cross once it was completed? I'd like to go back but I'd feel horrible to ruin my groups trip because I got turned down at the border. Thanks in advance for the input.
Fisher
Posted 6/24/2010 8:01 AM (#447113 - in reply to #447110)
Subject: RE: DUI-Canada

my old man has gone through this process, i believe he had to drive to pembina/emerson and apply in person and pay around $500 and it was good for 5 years. Last August he applied for his lifetime pass and was told dont call or bug us it will be a long wait, he still hasnt received it.
JoeWebster
Posted 6/24/2010 9:48 AM (#447130 - in reply to #447113)

Last year a guy in our group was required to pay 200 dollars for a temporary pardon. Which was good for the duration of our stay. At that time they gave him a application for what I understood to be a full pardon from the Queen. He then had to submitt the application along with an additional 200 dollars. He did receive a letter of pardon but hey its Canada I have a squeeky clean record and I am pretty sure if they didnt want me there they wouldnt have to let me in. Oh bye the way his last offense was almost 15 years prior and he had been crossing every year for the last 6 or 7 years. It is that random wish you luck.
Google
Posted 6/24/2010 11:37 AM (#447138 - in reply to #447110)

"I third from some guy that his 3d cousin was shot trying to cross the border for having called them 'Canucks' in 1982!"

Seriously...look it up, don't make it up.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF
- Guidebook and Application for Criminal Rehabilitation
- Application costs $200
- Application can take up to a year to process
- 5 to 10 years requires application for rehabilitation
- Over 10 years is considered automatic rehabilitation

A. Convictions/Offences outside Canada
If you were convicted of or committed a criminal offence outside Canada, you may overcome this criminal inadmissibility
- by applying for rehabilitation, or
- you may be deemed to have been rehabilitated if at least ten years have passed since you completed the sentence imposed upon you, or since you committed the offence, if the offence is one that would, in Canada, be an indictable offence punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than ten years.
Makintrax73
Posted 6/24/2010 11:57 AM (#447145 - in reply to #447110)
Subject: Re: DUI-Canada

I wonder if you were able to get an expundement if the offense would even show up on a search. Not sure whether DUI is able to be expunged or not in your state, but might be worth looking into for a host of reasons.
Fisher
Posted 6/24/2010 12:42 PM (#447154 - in reply to #447110)

Google, smoogle what ever, they do what they want and to who ever they want when you pull up to the border, i cross the border alot and that 10 year deal isnt true!
zofkbj
Posted 6/24/2010 12:43 PM (#447155 - in reply to #447110)

If it takes up to a year I wonder how all those jokers in the NBA, NHL, and MLB travel to Canada to play games and get in with no problem
NBA
Posted 6/24/2010 1:06 PM (#447159 - in reply to #447155)

zofkbj - 6/24/2010 12:43 PM

If it takes up to a year I wonder how all those jokers in the NBA, NHL, and MLB travel to Canada to play games and get in with no problem

They are not dumb enough to get a DUI....
kyle smoker tackle
Posted 6/24/2010 1:13 PM (#447163 - in reply to #447110)

I had a brief encounter with a person in my younger days that ended up with me getting a charge of assult 3rd degree.I have done my required punnishment,Now thats its all done Im wondering if I can get into Canada?Havent heard about misdemener offence's.
Thanks Kyle
muskiewhored
Posted 6/24/2010 1:36 PM (#447168 - in reply to #447110)

DUI- Your need to clear.
Ive gone many times to Windsor but when I tried to cross at Warroad - They denied me entry for Assult (10+ years before), and a possesion charge as a minor. They have more info then you will ever know. Best thing you can do if you have any prior offence's is pre pair to be stopped if you dont, well you dont. They dont consider all our misdemeanors the same charge in Canada. That stop ruined my trip, so plan ahead.
2T Critter
Posted 6/24/2010 3:41 PM (#447190 - in reply to #447110)

Take care of it in advance. Yes it will probably cost a few hundred bucks but contact the Canadians, do what they say, provide the documentation at the border and you should be fine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)