Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

Message Subject: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman
bdog
Posted 5/9/2010 7:09 PM (#439969)
Subject: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

So my fishing partner and I were on our way back from Des Moines Iowa , after picking up my new boat. I had been in contact with Bob Schmidt from Just Encase for the last couple days, and we were going to stop by his place to pick up my new custom Just Encase box. I was on the phone with Bob on the way back to see where to meet, and he says stop over at my place, I have something that may interest you.

So we get to Bob's place and I get a look at my new custom box. I was more than impressed. It was awesome, able to hold a ton of big baits, and in my opinion an engineering marvel to some extent. I'm planning on taking this home with me when he says check this out. He shows us a deck box for a 620 Ranger that was built for Jerry Sondag. For whatever reason Jerry no longer needed this box, I believe it was listed on the classified section for a while. Now this thing was awesom, and it just so happens my new boat was a 620 Ranger.

At this point I'm thinking wow would I like to have that in my boat. Bob says let's measure and see if it will fit. I said ok, but thinking I can't afford both of these boxes. So we measure, and even put the box into my boat, and after a little customization on Bob's part if fit like a glove. So now I really want it. I never even asked Bob if I could buy this box instead, he brought it up and said "you would be better off with this box". I said yeah, but I had you custom build the other one for me. He says " the right thing to do is to let you buy this box from Jerry, and I will try to sell the one I made for you"

This kind of blew me away, here Bob made me a custom box, put all this time and effort and materials into a box just for me, and after all of that encourages me to buy a box owned by another person, keep the one he made for me, and hope he can sell it because it, because the other is a better fit for what I have going.

I dont know about you guys, but I have never been treated that well by anyone I have ever purchased anything from. Not to mention the product is absolutely amazing. From now on I will be reccomending Bob's products to everyone I know who may be interested.

So for anyone in the market for a Musky box, dont waste your time with the others. Go with the best and get a Just Encase. The last one you will ever buy in my opinion. Oh, and Bob just so happens to have a sweet custom for sale.

Customer service at it's finest, with an amazing and very functional product.

Thanks again Bob, you have a customer for life.

Edited by bdog 5/9/2010 7:16 PM
wolftackle84
Posted 5/9/2010 7:37 PM (#439972 - in reply to #439969)
Subject: Re: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

bobs a good guy to deal with i have a custom just encase too...

tight lines
Tackle Industries
Posted 5/9/2010 8:23 PM (#439976 - in reply to #439969)
Subject: Re: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

That is the kind of guy and company that will be in business for years to come! Good story.
James
Jsondag
Posted 5/9/2010 8:34 PM (#439978 - in reply to #439969)

Thanks for buying that box. I had to have Bob build me a new one since I'm now running a '09 620 which has different dimensions. He made the box you bought for me last year, but I blew my motor and never got a chance to use it.

I hope you enjoy it! They are the most awesome boxes on the planet!!!
jdsplasher
Posted 5/9/2010 8:48 PM (#439982 - in reply to #439978)

Just encase really is a credit to the fishing world and business world. Most businesses know they got your money and could care less after the sale, but Just encase will take care of you also after the sale.
He did a custom for my rig. The clasp started to rust. He offered to replace it at the Milwaukee musky show , right in the parking lot. Great business man. I would recomend to any fisherman.
JIM
Capt.Blaine
Posted 5/9/2010 8:55 PM (#439985 - in reply to #439982)

Here are a couple pictures of Bdog's deck box.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0181.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0183.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0181.jpg (71KB - 115 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0183.jpg (96KB - 107 downloads)
Cochran
Posted 5/9/2010 10:08 PM (#439997 - in reply to #439969)
Subject: RE: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

I have heard nothing but good things about him and his products. I can't wait to get mine this weekend. He is building me a giant box to replace my custom deck extension in my 620T.
gtp888
Posted 5/10/2010 6:17 AM (#440013 - in reply to #439969)
Subject: RE: First class prouct, first class service, and first class businessman

Definitely a great guy to work with and has a great product, too!! First class!!
Team Rhino
Posted 5/10/2010 7:15 AM (#440015 - in reply to #439969)

I wouldn't buy another box until you talk with Bob. He's going to make sure your product is right for you or he's not going to sell it to you. Great guy to deal with and great boxes.
Jsondag
Posted 5/10/2010 9:03 AM (#440034 - in reply to #439969)

LOOKING GOOD!
dtaijo174
Posted 5/10/2010 5:18 PM (#440121 - in reply to #439969)

how much for a deck box like that? Where his contact info..? Someone PM me. That is the coolest effin thing i have seen. I was going to build a custom casting platform, but screw that now. I getting this!

Edited by dtaijo174 5/10/2010 5:19 PM
wolftackle84
Posted 5/10/2010 5:27 PM (#440122 - in reply to #439969)

justencase.com.... [email protected] yourself one, you will never forget it...

tight lines
PSYS
Posted 5/10/2010 5:45 PM (#440124 - in reply to #439969)

Good grief... that thing is amazing. it's a tackle box and a casting platform all in one... not to mention it's custom as can be.

sweet set-up for sure!
bdog
Posted 5/10/2010 6:33 PM (#440129 - in reply to #439969)

Yeah, its pretty sweet guys. Makes that whole area usable space in more ways than one. Im sure it's more cost effective than buying the deck extension, and a box for the baits. Plus it would take 3 guys to lift it out IF they got the cable lock cut.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)