Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Cleaners For Aluminum Boats

Reply New post
Message Subject: Cleaners For Aluminum Boats
NOFEAR
Posted 3/15/2010 6:12 PM (#429056)
Subject: Cleaners For Aluminum Boats

Guys, what is the best thing you have found for cleaning an Aluminum boat. I would like to give it a good cleaning and then apply a good wax to it prior to the season. I need something to remove the hard water stains. Also is there a wax that is better than others for Aluminum boats.

My boat will thank you later!
VMS
Posted 3/15/2010 9:35 PM (#429121 - in reply to #429056)
Subject: Re: Cleaners For Aluminum Boats

Hiya,

I found a while back a whole line of Meguire's products that works really well... Basically it was an automotive polish that I used after doing a turtle wax rubbing compound, then polishing compound. It took a long while but after doing the rubbing compound, polishing compound, polish, then the wax, the paint looked like new, save the scratches and pits from going down dirt roads.

To get the hard water spots off, take a 50-50 mix of white vinegar and water, spray down and wipe off. For tougher spots, a light brushing with a nylon brush will eat right through the hard water stains.

Got me thinking too..it's project time!!

Steve
shaley
Posted 3/15/2010 9:59 PM (#429125 - in reply to #429121)

Zepride works great for me, spray it on, wipe off. Cleans my old tank right up in about 20 minutes.
anzomcik
Posted 3/16/2010 5:15 AM (#429147 - in reply to #429056)

I have been useing "black streak remover" it comes in a spray bottle found at walmart. It cuts through the gunk that collects on my boat. The stuff is fairly cheap found in the "RV" part of the automovite section at walmart.
STUSHSKY
Posted 3/16/2010 8:02 AM (#429158 - in reply to #429147)

this may sound strange but last year on this site someone recommended clorox toilet bowl cleaner! i tried it and it worked great and have been using it ever since! takes dirty water / algea slime marks of incredibly easy / fast and to boot it leaves a really good shine !
ESOXER
Posted 3/16/2010 4:09 PM (#429242 - in reply to #429056)

Slimy Grimy works great, look it up on line, spray it on, let it sit, and hose it off.
NOFEAR
Posted 3/16/2010 8:01 PM (#429276 - in reply to #429056)
Subject: RE: Cleaners For Aluminum Boats

WOW! It sounds like I have a few choices. I've heard about the Vinager and water before but want to make sure I don't use anything that is hard on the paint. The clorox Toilet bowl cleaner is a classic and I'm sure it works but i think i'll leave that one in my toilet just to be safe.

Thanks for the feedback
Rogiecrockett
Posted 3/16/2010 8:36 PM (#429284 - in reply to #429276)

I use a product called Crown RV & Boat Cleaner / Black Streak Remover [www.spraypower.com].

Seems to work well and not really expensive - comes in a spray bottle.

Dave.
RyanJoz
Posted 3/17/2010 10:26 AM (#429363 - in reply to #429056)

Zing.......but wear hazmat gloves and have the hose handy. It will take care of anything and everything...but don't let it sit for long. Use a brush and have the hose in the other hand.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)