Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 'What's the best reel for throwing big lures?' Dammit, go buy whatever you think is the best so you can compalin about it later in ANOTHER post with that title.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> hook rash

Message Subject: hook rash
ski glider
Posted 2/2/2010 12:12 AM (#421164)
Subject: hook rash

Just wondering if any of you lure builders /painters out there know of any way to repair lures with magor hook rash so they can be repainted.I have some old strikers and alot of free time .Thanks for any responses .
Hoosierbaits
Posted 2/2/2010 11:24 AM (#421224 - in reply to #421164)
Subject: RE: hook rash

Depends on the level of repair you want to do. Shoot me an email I'll help you get them back in the water.

Don Slagle
[email protected]
Tackle Industries
Posted 2/2/2010 12:43 PM (#421238 - in reply to #421164)
Subject: Re: hook rash

Little 2ton epoxy blend over the "wounds". If you want the color back and easy way is to buy a multi-pack of colored markers and color the wood first then put on the epoxy after that. Thin coats of epoxy works best and then just reapply until your happy. Works for my old Suicks.
FISH WITH TEETH
Posted 2/2/2010 3:51 PM (#421281 - in reply to #421164)
Subject: Re: hook rash

JB Weld works good for a filler if you have a groove worn in the bait. you usually only need one coat. It is more or less a thick epoxy. It can be sanded and painted once it is dry.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)