Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Daiwa Millionaire reels......????

Message Subject: Daiwa Millionaire reels......????
Roughneck1860
Posted 12/18/2009 8:44 PM (#413372)
Subject: Daiwa Millionaire reels......????

I've got a buddy of mine just getting into muskie fishing and is looking for a casting reel. I use Abu's myself and my son just got a new Shimano Cardiff (after alot of thought) but my buddy has always been a Daiwa guy. Has anyone used either the Millionaire M-C 300 classic (red) or the Millionaire M-S 300 (gold) reels and have any opinion on them? I've used Luna 300's before and they are very nice reel but there's big difference between a $300 reel and an $80 reel.

Thanks
Tim
Basschamp167
Posted 12/19/2009 6:05 AM (#413394 - in reply to #413372)
Subject: RE: Daiwa Millionaire reels......????

I know a guy who used to use the old gold millionaire, he said it was a good beginners reel, but after two seasons with it he wanted something else. My fishing buddy owns the gold one, and it still works after being handed down to him from his father, i don't really know how old it is. He likes Abu's too though so he just uses it to troll for walleye now. I would say try to get him to buy an Abu or a Cardiff (great reel, your son made a good choice) if you can get a good deal on one.
Zach
Musky Madman
Posted 12/19/2009 7:12 AM (#413398 - in reply to #413372)
Subject: Re: Daiwa Millionaire reels......????

I bought one of the red Millionaire reels this past spring for a spare rod/reel in my boat. For the $60 I think I paid for it at Fleet Farm I was really surprised how well the thing worked. Quite smooth casting and even did it's fair share of bringing in double 10s. The reel probably only had about 40 hours of use this year so not sure of the durability yet. For another $40 though I like my Abu's. Definitely not a bad reel for the price.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)