Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reel Question

Message Subject: Reel Question
Matty
Posted 12/1/2009 12:51 PM (#410419)
Subject: Reel Question

Been doing some research on a reel for a new 9' rod for a few weeks now. I wont say anything about big blades....oops!

Anyways, does anyone know if there is a two-speed reel with a levelwind out there? If so, has anyone used it or have any suggestions of which one?
Thanks,
Matt
4reukmuskies
Posted 12/1/2009 10:12 PM (#410497 - in reply to #410419)
Subject: Re: Reel Question

The only one I remember using or seeing was a Shimano Beast Master or some name similar to that back in the 80s. A friend of mine had one and used it for bass fishing and it was a pretty cool reel. A good concept, but not sure how a two speed reel would hold up to musky fishing. I would definitely be interested though.

Craig R.
Roughneck1860
Posted 12/2/2009 4:37 AM (#410519 - in reply to #410497)
Subject: Re: Reel Question

4reukmuskies - 12/1/2009 11:12 PM

The only one I remember using or seeing was a Shimano Beast Master or some name similar to that back in the 80s. A friend of mine had one and used it for bass fishing and it was a pretty cool reel. A good concept, but not sure how a two speed reel would hold up to musky fishing. I would definitely be interested though.

Craig R.

I still have one of those. Its a great little reel but as for a Muskie reel no way. In low gear it may be fine for smaller stuff but in high gear not a chance. The concept behind it is great. It does every thing you'd want a two speed reel to do with bass size baits. I've used with some Mepps Muskie Killer Spinners with it but wouldn't want to try it on any thing larger. If they came out with a Muskie size version of it though I'd be taking a very good look at one.

Good Fishin'
Tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)