Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> predator mh

Message Subject: predator mh
Posted 11/23/2009 7:50 AM (#409553)
Subject: predator mh

looking for opinions on the MH predator by throne bros. I know a lot of people like the H and XH, but havent heard anything about the MH. I understand that it is a regular bucktail rod, but how does it hand small bucktails with french blades? When pulling in a spinner with dbl 8 colorados does the rod still have good power while doing a fast figure 8?
shaley
Posted 11/23/2009 7:38 PM (#409616 - in reply to #409553)
Subject: RE: predator mh

The H will cast anything. I throw double 6's and mepps muskie killers with mine easily.
NOFEAR
Posted 11/24/2009 6:42 PM (#409707 - in reply to #409553)

I've got the H Predator and can throw anything from showgirls to supermodels. I think the H would be a better all a round rod than the MH but just my opinion. I'll most likely be adding a XH to my collection next spring.

Great Rod!
shaley
Posted 11/24/2009 11:06 PM (#409728 - in reply to #409707)

I was going to get an XH to next year but I took a chance on Tackle Industries new rods and I'm very impressed. I'll put it up with my Predator any day. I chose the XH for bug rubber but throws DCG's well to. Plus I saved $250.
NOFEAR
Posted 11/25/2009 8:46 PM (#409821 - in reply to #409553)

Thats quite a statement because I have not felt a rod yet that I felt compared to the predator. I'll have to check them out at the musky expo this winter. I would hate to save all that money so I could by another reel.

Somebody help me please!

I'm allready planning on what i'm going to spend next year.
shaley
Posted 11/25/2009 10:15 PM (#409834 - in reply to #409821)

I used to carry 4 combos. 9' Predator for blades, 8' C Series Thorne Bros for mag dawgs, 7'10 G Loomis for jerkbaits, 7'6 Croix for gliders. I now carry 2 my Predator and my Tackle Industries rod they throw everything I own from small single bladed bucktails to 13oz Curlie sues and don't tear up my body casting like some other rods I have owned. Throwing Curlies is a joy on the TI rod, about as easy as it could be for a bait that size. Before buying that rod I could only throw them for at most an hour on my Muskie innovations rod, now I can throw them all day and not be wore out.
Tackle Industries
Posted 11/26/2009 9:28 AM (#409871 - in reply to #409553)
Subject: Re: predator mh

NOFEAR,
FYI-I am letting those go for $100 delivered in the USA and $110 delivered to Canada until the end of the year. Sales are slow so I am using it as an excuse to get some more rods out so guys can try them. After that they go to full retail. email me if you want one:
[email protected]
http://www.tackleindustries.com

Happy to save you some money
James
PS-Just figured out how to ship my 9' rods to Canada too (thanks to a nice Canadian customer) so I think other than telescoping rods mine is the only one piece 9' rod that can ship to Canada for cheap. That handle coming off makes just enough difference in the length and then I just cut the shipping tube down a little and walla! Under 108" inches for USPS Priority shipping!
NOFEAR
Posted 11/27/2009 12:49 PM (#410000 - in reply to #409553)

James, thanks for the offer but I'm not one to purchase without feeling. Make sure to have some at the musky expo this year and i'll take a look at them.

Thanks!
Jsondag
Posted 11/28/2009 11:55 PM (#410123 - in reply to #409553)
Subject: Re: predator mh

I have several of the Predator rods. The MH is too light for double bladed large bucks #8-13. You will lose a bit of strength in the sweeping 8 with big blades. Smaller blades are a snap. It is awesome paired with a Trinidad or Saltist to rip the smaller stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)