Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> tyrant

Message Subject: tyrant
Muskie Bob
Posted 12/15/2009 10:49 AM (#412869)
Subject: tyrant

This lure looked so interesting I decided to give a Midnight Tyrant for a Christmas gift.

Perhaps this may be a little late, but is this lure worth buying?

Anyone have good luck using the Tyrant?

Thanks,

brewcrew
Posted 12/15/2009 12:15 PM (#412884 - in reply to #412869)
Subject: Re: tyrant

Definetly a good bait, I have had a lot of luck on it this fall. The bait is extremely versatile it can be worked form the surface down to as deep as you want. I find that you can use it as a glidebait, like a bulldawg, and even kind of like a tube/ jimmy(very slow lazy movements). Also midnight has been one of our better colors. Overall its a great bait and I am sure the gift reciever will not be disappointed.
welldriller
Posted 12/15/2009 7:50 PM (#412967 - in reply to #412869)

I used the tyrant this fall and I was pretty happy with it. It's one of those baits that you get out of it what you put into it. If you know what I mean. You can use it kinda like a glider or a jimmy or even a bulldawg. The only thing I would have to say bad about it is IMO I think that the hooks are a little small. But, I switch hooks alot on new baits. I like to have alot of steel hanging for the fish to get their lips around. I wouldn't be mad if you gave me one for christmas.:)
brewcrew
Posted 12/15/2009 8:23 PM (#412970 - in reply to #412869)

As far as the hooks go I really haven't had a problem with them most of the fish this fall either divoured it head first or t- boned it there were no real short bites.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 12/15/2009 9:08 PM (#412974 - in reply to #412869)

I swapped the hooks out for and put larger ones on, but the problem with that is the hooks then get hung up on the horizontal line or ridge that runs along both sides, so upsizing hooks didn't pan out. Went back to smaller hooks and was then able to retrieve again. Had a suicide ski leap out of the water, tail clearing the surface rolled mid-air to come down head first and clobbered the bait full in the mouth while i was gliding it along the surface....very cool.
welldriller
Posted 12/16/2009 12:49 AM (#412992 - in reply to #412869)

brewcrew, I guess I should have clarified a little. I always run larger hooks on the front of any glider type lure I use. It's just a matter of personal preference. The hooks that come with it are fine and I caught fish with the stock hooks. I just feel better when I got a little bit larger hook hanging on the front. Just the way I do it.
brewcrew
Posted 12/16/2009 9:15 AM (#413013 - in reply to #412869)

Welldriller, its no problem, I wasn't trying to say that you were wrong.I just wanted make Bob aware that I haven't found a problem with the hooks on the bait.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)