Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

Message Subject: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker
PANTLEGGER
Posted 6/23/2010 11:27 AM (#446935)
Subject: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

I searched all over the web to find the wide 60" color coded ruler sticker like the guys use for there measuring board. I built my own hog trough out of aluminum and looking for this type of sticker. Can anybody help me out? I bought 2 of the narrow 60" long ones from Cabelas, they are really inaccurate, or i stretched them while installing.

Thanks for any help
Conservation Guy
Posted 6/23/2010 11:36 AM (#446939 - in reply to #446935)
Subject: RE: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

I actually had the same issue when I built my own. I placed the sticker on it and threw a Stanley ruler on it just to check and by the time I got to 50 inches the ruler was a full inch off!!!! I decided to use a Stanley tape (a narrow one) and extend the 1/2 inch lines with a square to cover the entire board and then apply a clear finish....don't trust anything you can stick on.

-Conservation Guy
Fishwizard
Posted 6/23/2010 11:54 AM (#446945 - in reply to #446935)
Subject: Re: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

I made one and then painted it white and just used a tape measurer, a sharpie, and a right angle square and I marked off the lines myself. Since you used aluminum you could use a scratch awl. Might take some time, but you wouldn't have to buy anything, unless you don't have anything to scratch it with. You could buy a couple different colors of 1" electrical tape and run horizontal bands of alternating color on every second inch from say 48" to 56" if you really need the 20' visual quick check accuracy. Mine is probably 6 years old, and the sharpie marks have faded slightly, but I can still read them, and if nothing else I could go back over them to freshen them up. When you do it yourself the labor is pretty cheap.

Ryan

Edited by Fishwizard 6/23/2010 11:59 AM
Brian
Posted 6/23/2010 12:42 PM (#446961 - in reply to #446935)
Subject: RE: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

I prefer the floating ruler. I can take my time measuring the fish because it is in the water. Just my .02.

Brian
JimtenHaaf
Posted 6/23/2010 6:23 PM (#447051 - in reply to #446935)
Subject: Re: Measuring Board Ruler Sticker

PM Sent.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)