Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Green River

Message Subject: Green River
firstsixfeet
Posted 10/13/2009 12:19 PM (#404531)
Subject: Green River

The water was quite colored, and mud was the color up above the GR bridge. Already drawn to winter pool, creeks are just below flood stage running in and they are pouring water out of lake as of yesterday. Weather did not stay cloudy with rain in the afternoon as promised, but instead deteriorated into bright sun and dry air. Still might have seen one if I fished till dark but chose to make the drive back in a reasonable time. Visibility of a flo green bait above the bridge about 1 foot. Below the bridge about 2 feet. Water temps starting to deteriorate in the upper reaches and already into low 60's. Deep central areas still in upper 60's. Casting only on this trip, one activity, but unsure as to whether it was a musky, small musky or largemouth, hit a pull bait, no hooks, did not impress me as a large fish. Shad basically on surface, and lots and lots of them. Saw a very high number of popcorn shad dead, and not sure what from. Unusual to see these kinds of numbers of dead ones at this time of the year with these water temps, also the dead ones were supported by lots and lots of sick and dying small shad. Don't know what the cause is, but it represents only tiny portion of shad available, and only saw a couple dead bigger shad during the day. As always, there are sick and dying shad in the herd. The herd appears unusually large this fall. If I fished the day again I would probably look at the Emerald Isle side from the dam, but most likely I would short line troll the shoreline with something high like a 6" jointed stalker and stick right to the shoreline within the 8 foot contour, color pearl.

Oh wait, I don't know if I could do that trolling thing, I don't have a rocket science degree. But with the suck on the lake and typical musky response here, the trick will be to locate the fish, until they stop drawing. Hopefully this is not an indicator of the whole fall.

Colors, not nearly prime.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)