Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Spidercast SPC900

Message Subject: Spidercast SPC900
TonyC
Posted 4/30/2006 9:20 PM (#189647)
Subject: Spidercast SPC900

I have a Spidercast SPC900 and absolutely is the best reel I have owned. I bought it from bass pro several years ago but notice that they don't carry it anymore. The worm gear that drives the line guide recently quit working, and although the entire reel is made of brass gears the gear that drives the worm gear for the line guide is nylon and all of the teeth are broken off of it. Does anyone know who I can get a hold of to get a replacement gear for the reel? I would really like to replace all of the nylon with brass if possible also. Thanks
reelman
Posted 4/30/2006 9:43 PM (#189648 - in reply to #189647)
Subject: RE: Spidercast SPC900

For replacement parts I would try Abu-Garcia reel repair, yes I know that it is a Spidercast but Pure Fishing owns both Spider and Abu. Second I would not try to get a metal gear that you speak of. These gears are nylon for a reason. They act as a form of saftey valve for the rest of the reel.
Posted 4/30/2006 9:49 PM (#189650 - in reply to #189647)

reelman, thanks for the info.
Derrys
Posted 4/30/2006 10:17 PM (#189652 - in reply to #189647)

A buddy of mine was a machinist, and would buy these Quantum reels that had all brass gears except one that was plastic. As soon as he'd buy them, he'd make that gear from brass, and still uses those reels. He's had them since 1992-93. Hope you get it working again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)