Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Michigan next October

Message Subject: Michigan next October
BigFang
Posted 10/6/2009 11:48 AM (#403398)
Subject: Michigan next October

I am from Nebraska, and have a work conference scheduled for next October in East Lansing, MI. I would like to take an extra day and spend some time chasing Muskies/ Pike in that area. Can anyone help me with lake information or guide services for that area?
Will Schultz
Posted 10/6/2009 12:21 PM (#403404 - in reply to #403398)
Subject: Re: Michigan next October

No guide services are available until you get over to St Clair.

Are you a Muskies, Inc member? Chapters are usually good about getting other M.I. members out fishing while away from home and near another chapter. Stop over at www.michiganmuskiealliance.org and we can probably get you out on the water.
jclymer
Posted 10/6/2009 4:01 PM (#403443 - in reply to #403398)
Subject: RE: Michigan next October

I grew up in Michigan in that general area.. Although I did not fish muskies till later in life in MN I recall my mom catching a musky on a rubber worm in a lake called Sleepy Hallow. I also believe there is another lake in that general area called Thorne Apple lake that has a population of muskies.. Your best bet would be to head east to Lake St. Clair or head west into some great salmon fishing waters..
BigFang
Posted 10/10/2009 1:10 PM (#404043 - in reply to #403398)
Subject: Re: Michigan next October

Thanks Will, I would be glad to get a membership, and maybe an extra "donation" to be able to get out on the water. I have done some searching, and it looks like there are some good options within 1-1/2 hours of Lansing. I won't know which day of the week I will be free till much later, but I always enjoy a morning trip, and being on the water before first light means being up pretty early to make much of a drive. Ovid and Thornapple both look good. I won't mind getting shut out for the chance at one of the "big girls", I've been there before. I'll keep watching here for info, and try to get hooked up with someone. Have a great fall season!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)