Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lakemaster/Navionics PC Software

Message Subject: Lakemaster/Navionics PC Software
ShaneW
Posted 7/26/2009 6:01 PM (#390576)
Subject: Lakemaster/Navionics PC Software

Anyone have any experience with the mapping software out there? I am looking for something that I could load on my PC, create very specific trolling runs, and then transfer to my GPS unit.

Thanks in advance,
Shane
ESfishOX
Posted 7/27/2009 6:18 PM (#390748 - in reply to #390576)
Subject: Re: Lakemaster/Navionics PC Software

are you working from existing GPS coordinates or looking to pick contours from the LakeMaster maps? What locator(s) are you running. The reason I ask is if you have GPS coordinates and Lowrance units, maybe all you need is the MapCreate software from Lowrance.

There's likely a few options you can try.
ShaneW
Posted 7/27/2009 8:55 PM (#390771 - in reply to #390576)

I would like to pick contours from the Lakemaster map. I actually called in to them (Lakemaster) and it sounds like the Lowrance units do not allow you to pick contours and load them to the units. You have to import the contours as individual waypoints and connect them manually. Garmins will do it automatically.

Shane
veha45
Posted 7/27/2009 10:10 PM (#390794 - in reply to #390576)

Lakemaster used to have a computer software program that I thought did just what you asked. Maybe this is it.
http://www.lakemap.com/pcsoftware.aspx

The Navionics stuff is neat. You can get the Nav Planner stuff and plug your Navionics chip in. The trail you make will be as accurate as your map or you can buy the hotmaps explorer, but you will want to download the high def mapping for your lake which costs extra to plug in an accurate trail.
ESfishOX
Posted 7/27/2009 10:11 PM (#390795 - in reply to #390576)

what about zooming in tight on the LakeMaster contours chip and following the contour you want? You can then save the trail and edit if necessary.

Another option is to record sonar and create your own contours as Doc Sampson teaches.

Mike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)