Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> big narrows LOTW?

Message Subject: big narrows LOTW?
RonTugs3
Posted 7/9/2009 11:42 AM (#387765)
Subject: big narrows LOTW?

are there any drive in lodges in the big narrows area? If not, how far is the big narrows by water from the NW angle? have fished different areas of LOTW and was hoping to find a drive in near the big narrows area.
Posted 7/9/2009 1:07 PM (#387781 - in reply to #387765)
Subject: RE: big narrows LOTW?

Not sure if there are resorts or not but it is about 15 miles from Oak Island...
CommonSense Guy
Posted 7/9/2009 1:44 PM (#387789 - in reply to #387765)

Wiley Pointe is great but you will have to run from Souix Narrows. From the angle to Big Narrows is a long, long boat ride.
RonTugs3
Posted 7/9/2009 2:02 PM (#387791 - in reply to #387789)

can't seem to find any drive in lodges to the big narrows are. not sure if there is access by land or not. don't really feel like boating in to a lodge.
Matt DeVos
Posted 7/9/2009 2:49 PM (#387793 - in reply to #387765)
Subject: Re: big narrows LOTW?

Only 3 lodges I know of in the Big Narrows. Wiley, Crow Rock and Big Narrows Resort....all are boat in/fly in...

Could be wrong, but I think it might even be a shorter run from Kenora to Wiley Point than from the Angle. Sioux Narrows to Big Narrows is a much, much longer ride than from the Angle to Big Narrows.

Depending on where exactly you define the entrance to the Big Narrows, IIRC, its about a 20 mile run from Angle Inlet...although you're not running as the crow flies...it's a bit of a hike...

Edited by Matt DeVos 7/9/2009 2:59 PM
ChinWhiskers
Posted 7/9/2009 6:52 PM (#387829 - in reply to #387781)

We Fished out of the Angel back in the 70's out of a 16' StarCraft with a 60HP. Evinrude and how fast were they? We used to stay At Sandy's and we fished the narrows all time. There are no roads in there in fact there isent much of a road to the narrows. You can come down to the narrows from Clearwater Bay but I don't recomend it as it a nasty trip. This is big waters with lots of rocks to hit. For the first timers I say book a resort at the angel and fish out of there as that part of the lake has the most 40"to 50" fish that I have ever seen any were. If you fished out of Sandy's new Blackhack Island resort you are in prime fishing spots. Four years agoTwo of us had Sandy guild us for 5 days out of a ten day stay in ten days we boated 43 fish, my best was 47" there were days when we whould have fish all around the boat. True we caught most of the fish when Sandy was our Guide as he has lived there all his life. Sandy caught the bigest of the trip a 51"er. I have been fishing that water since the 1960's and am now 70 years old so I know a littel about were big Muskies live and there are big ones on the north side of the lake. With that said, Im on my way to Georgian Bay. Thank You . Marv.
ChinWhiskers
Posted 7/9/2009 6:57 PM (#387830 - in reply to #387765)

Sandy's Blackhawk Island - -Web www.blackhawkisland.com of info. Thanks Marv.
muskiewhored
Posted 7/13/2009 10:54 AM (#388345 - in reply to #387765)

There are no drive in for sure, look at a map of LOTW and you will see. Water is completely stained, all the way up there as well. Big winds blew all the tea colored water North and water temps as of 7/10 were only in the 60's, water was hard, boat rides were rough. Tough week of fishing.
Coldfront
Posted 7/21/2009 2:13 PM (#389739 - in reply to #387765)

FYI Sandys is not a drive to, it is also a boat in lodge.
Mr Musky
Posted 7/22/2009 9:51 PM (#389983 - in reply to #387765)

There are indeed no drive in resorts anywhere close to the Narrows but once you arrive there you might be able to walk from boat to boat to your destination as the Narrow's get just pounded. I would recommend Wileys or Big Narrow's Resort or Sandy's which is where we stay if your looking at fishing the Angle. All are boat in only. The U.S side of the Angle offers drive in resorts if that is what your defintely looking for, those are Walsh's Baystore Camp and Angle Outpost would be the best two in my opinion.

Mr Musky
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)