Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately

Message Subject: anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately
cbuf
Posted 7/13/2009 10:57 AM (#388347)
Subject: anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately

I'm heading to LOTW tomorrow, but figured I would ask to see if any has found any good patterns recently. I heard lake temps have been fluctuating so I'm just wondering weed bays or main lake rocks?

Thanks

Chris
Lens Creep
Posted 7/13/2009 11:44 AM (#388355 - in reply to #388347)
Subject: Re: anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately

I hear the fishing has been brutal lately, but I'll be in that area for a week starting this Thursday too. Hopefully someone can share some current information on lure choices, patterns, etc. Good luck Chris.
cbuf
Posted 7/13/2009 12:18 PM (#388360 - in reply to #388355)

Where are you staying?
FishBigMama50
Posted 7/13/2009 1:04 PM (#388371 - in reply to #388347)
Subject: RE: anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately

Well we just got back saturday from a 9 day stay weather was almost to nice the first few days but the fish responded ok. We finally got some weather on thursday and fishing was good it seemed like everything in the box worked but it changed everyday. You really had to mix it up as far as lure selection one day they would chase bucktails to the boat and just explode on them boatside the next they would eat a slow twitched grandma half way back to the boat. We caught a few on topwaters and some on gliders and everything we caught was on the rocks should be good it only got better for us wish i was still there. We ended up boating 17 fish with the biggest being 45 inches and once again the one that got away or should i say all the ones that got away almost shadow that number so good luck should be perfect timing.
muskiewhored
Posted 7/13/2009 1:47 PM (#388382 - in reply to #388347)

I just got back Sat from entire week. Was really tuff, dont exactly know where FishBigMama50 was fishing, but was tough for us. Water was brown, not like the clear stuff that normally was up there. So if you didnt smack them with your lure, chances are they didnt come up. We did raise a few and hooked up, but the numbers were completely down from last year when we went. Water temps were low (mid 60) and windy a few days. Buddy hooked a biggins on a cisco kid, broke the lure at boatside, I couldnt believe it. Twitch baits were the ticket for us, threw bucks all day for a couple days and didnt get much action at all a few missed the baits completely. The wierd thing also is the accidental pike, were also slow, not much action there either. I am guessing the water color, and temp had A LOT to do with the action seeing I was up there during a new moon/full moon. Most everyone at the lodges said the same thing, SLOW. Go figure. I used to be able to see about 8-10ft in that water, now lucky to see 1-2ft. Although I didnt go any further north than big narrows, water was really stained. Good luck.
IAJustin
Posted 7/13/2009 2:22 PM (#388385 - in reply to #388382)

Fishing was "average" two of us put 17 in the boat in 8 days - you still work for your fish on LOTW (most years) - there is good weeds between sabaskosing and firebag on a lot of the shorelines - but most of our fish were on rocks. (thats as far east as I went from the Angle) - I like 1-2 foot of visability, fish were HOT when you got them to move but # of follows was way down.
Lens Creep
Posted 7/13/2009 6:27 PM (#388452 - in reply to #388347)

I'll be on Pine Island Chris.
T-Bone
Posted 7/13/2009 8:00 PM (#388464 - in reply to #388452)

Here's a little Sab. Tease for you, this was caught in Fish Big Mama's boat, definately some Big Mama Fatties. Good Luck.Oh yea, never wake a sleeping bear!

Edited by T-Bone 7/13/2009 8:28 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(047.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(069.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 047.JPG (51KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments 069.JPG (42KB - 87 downloads)
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/15/2009 2:15 PM (#388825 - in reply to #388347)
Subject: RE: anybody been up to Morson, Ont area lately

In the middle of a cold front with strong winds. Pretty severe electrical storm last night with some rain and thunder boomers. Had a lightning bolt come down very close to the resort and wreak a little havoc with the power system.

Most of the muskie reports are that things are pretty tough. I don't plan to uncover the boat until Saturday evening. There won't be any 9pm outings for me the rest of the week.

Water temp at the dock this morning was still 66.
mota
Posted 7/15/2009 3:52 PM (#388844 - in reply to #388347)

muskiewhored can you explain exactly what happen to the cisco kid?
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/20/2009 4:32 PM (#389598 - in reply to #388844)

Water has warmed up a few degrees and the fish are moving a bit. Most of the reports are from rock structure. Double 10's, mag dawgs, spinner baits and jerks have been doing the job.

Not much of a topwater bite yet. Hope that changes.

Some strong south wind today, but that shouldn't hurt air or water temps much.

Things are looking much better this week compared to last.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)