Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> pete maina signature series rod and reels

Message Subject: pete maina signature series rod and reels
bulldawg101
Posted 7/5/2009 12:44 PM (#387151)
Subject: pete maina signature series rod and reels

Im planning on buying another setup for big soft plastics and I just wanted to know what the bass pro pete maina signature series rod and reels are like and what your opinions are on them. What the quality of them are both the rods and reels?
whit65
Posted 7/5/2009 12:59 PM (#387154 - in reply to #387151)
Subject: RE: pete maina signature series rod and reels

I've got three of the rods and I like them alot. Well balanced thanks to the butt balancers that come with them. They are definitely a bit heavier than my St. Croix or my Tooth tamers but I fish with the Maina rods mainly. They all seem to have a bit slower action than most St. Croix's or other musky rods I've used, which I actually prefer. I have the 7'4", a 7'6" and the 8' w/retractable butt section. I haven't compared them to Okuma rods as I don't have access to anyplace to get my hands on an Okuma, but I'd say based on what I've heard, for the $$ and the guarantee/service, you can't go wrong with either brand.
As far as action, I throw mag super D's with all of my Maina rods with no problems, but 11" Sues are a bit much for them, you kind of have to lob them.
My 2 cents.
Roughneck1860
Posted 7/5/2009 1:29 PM (#387161 - in reply to #387151)
Subject: Re: pete maina signature series rod and reels

I have a couple buddies that fish with them and they aren't a bad rod. A tad heavy like already mentioned aswell as the slower action but niether is a huge draw back. I like them but not enough to get rid of my StCroix's or Musky Innovation rods. I dont have any experience with the reels though. We all use Abu 6500 C3's, around same price or less depending on the model and they are a proven reel for years on end.

Good Fishin'
Tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)