Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Allegheny River Pool 6

Message Subject: Allegheny River Pool 6
Cast
Posted 5/23/2009 3:54 PM (#380061)
Subject: Allegheny River Pool 6

This morning I fished Pool 6 of the Allegheny River, Pennsylvania, near Ford City. Within sight of the public launch, around a weed bed, I clearly sighted six different fish breaking water within thirty minutes. Big fish. "Preposterous," you say. You don't know the Allegheny River.
I threw everything at these beasts. A Cowgirl, a couple of Giant Killers, a 6" Jake, a 5.5" Wiley, even a Topraider. No hits. Not even a follow that I could see. #*^@ frustrating.
What was wrong? I didn't have any doughballs.
doughball
Posted 5/23/2009 4:02 PM (#380063 - in reply to #380061)
Subject: RE: Saw 6

Post-spawn recovery or just using the skinny warm water to help digest.
J.Sloan
Posted 5/23/2009 6:12 PM (#380074 - in reply to #380061)
Subject: Re: Saw 6

From the headline I thought this thread was going to be a movie review.

JS
allegheny river kid
Posted 5/23/2009 8:16 PM (#380082 - in reply to #380061)
Subject: Re: Allegheny River Pool 6

Not saying that this is false but i fish this pool religiously and was out yesterday evenig and this evening rite in the very spot you fished and what i saw breaking water in the weedbeds were clearly carp spawning... in fact i had to investigate it myself yesterday and they were thick swirling around the top almost chasing each other getting ready to spawn
Cast
Posted 5/24/2009 7:58 AM (#380113 - in reply to #380082)

River Kid, that's the point. I was poking fun at myself. I'm a modest angler--I have to be. I'm sure there are muskies around that I don't see. I hope you're having better luck at Pool 6 than I have. Perhaps if I prayed a bit...
allegheny river kid
Posted 5/24/2009 2:20 PM (#380146 - in reply to #380113)

O i get it now... sorry i was a little slow on that one...catching a few but its been slow for the hours i ve put forth this year
Cast
Posted 5/25/2009 7:39 AM (#380213 - in reply to #380146)

River Kid, what about the pools above 6 up to Brady's Bend? I have hit the pool at Templeton several times without success, although the first muskie I ever had on line was hooked near the mouth of Mahoning Creek--it broke off bass weight mono and escaped. I have fished between Brady's Bend and Red Bank Creek twice without success. Do you think there are decent numbers in these pools?
allegheny river kid
Posted 5/25/2009 11:27 AM (#380228 - in reply to #380213)

yep there are decent numbers of fish up in these sections...the river fishes different each year. the past 2 have been tough in the summer and once fall comes fishing gets better...i fish the kittaning pools and templeton pools too...musky are there just gotta put your time...best bet for success is to cover lots of water... shoot me an email and i'll key you in on a few spots to [email protected]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)