Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lowrance HDS10 updates, side imaging, radar, and mapping

Message Subject: Lowrance HDS10 updates, side imaging, radar, and mapping
Jsondag
Posted 5/6/2009 9:48 PM (#376576)
Subject: Lowrance HDS10 updates, side imaging, radar, and mapping

Steve probably knows the answers to this or has access to them -

1. Is there a schedule for the HDS10 / Navionics update yet?

2. Does anyone make a HD compatible chip with Lac Seul on it if so what is it?

3. Is Lowrance really going to release a side imaging update for the HDS locators?

4. Does the Sirius / weather station show radar imaging on the Radar page or is it basically audio?

I've got two HDS10's and would really appreciate any info on these matters.

Schuler
Posted 5/6/2009 10:16 PM (#376583 - in reply to #376576)
Subject: Re: Lowrance HDS10 updates, side imaging, radar, and mapping

1. They are saying this month
2. Once the navionics are compatible, Lac Suel is on the Canada chip, although not in high def
3. Yes
4. There is visual weather radar with the sirius satellite weather/radio
veha45
Posted 5/6/2009 10:22 PM (#376586 - in reply to #376576)

1. Schedule now is May 15th for Navionics

2. 90% positive Navionics north 2009 has Lac Seul, contours aren't great but it's on there with Eagle. You are almost better off buying the Lakemaster road maps or Mapcreate Canada and make your own, no contours but you get a perfect outline of the lake. If you have some buddies who will be up there before you and they have Lowrance gps/sonar, have them record their depths and make your own maps with the Dr Depth software. Its just "log sonar chart data" onto a blank card to record then follow the dr depth software instructions. 1ft contours for any lake you are willing to put time into.

3. Who knows if the "structure scan" can actually happen. Lowrance is saying they are going to do it and are saying right now that at the ICAST show they will announce when it comes out.

4. You get an actual weather page on the HDS units. It even shows wind direction which is pretty neat and there is supposed to be a way to hook it to your sirius radio so you can play music. No it is not a fancy marine band radio tho.
Jsondag
Posted 5/7/2009 9:31 AM (#376645 - in reply to #376576)

Hey guy's thanks for the reply! I was going to order that Lowrance weather/sirius unit - Now that I know it will give off imaging I'll send in my pre-order!
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/7/2009 3:36 PM (#376697 - in reply to #376576)

Just got off the phone with one of the Lowrance technicians. Here is the skinny directly from Tulsa, home of Navico.

veha45 is correct, the update is suppose to come May 15. Navionics uses what is called Turboview, it's similar to Google Earth but much more in depth. Their working to fix a small glitch before Lowrance releases the update. It's coming though, May 15th is the new scheduled release.

As for side imaging, it's actually called "side viewing". It will be introduced at the ICAST show in July in Orlando, FL. The side viewing won't be an update, it will be an added feature that you can add if you'd like. Pricing for this will also be released at the ICAST show.

Now, for the Sirius, and weather station question, from what I was told from a person that has seen and used it, his analogy was, it's literally like taking your local tv weather station or your favorite weather website and having that at the tips of your fingers on your units and in the boat. It does not have audio, but it will show the radar and everything as if you were looking at it on the computer or on the tv. Very awesome from what he said.

My Lowrance contact gave me a lead on someone that has this feature so I'll look to him on shooting a video demo when time permits.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/7/2009 3:41 PM (#376699 - in reply to #376697)

Chris talks about all the add-on features, including the Sirius and Side Viewing technology.

http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/watch.asp?id=1425

Lowrance HDS Sonar clip:
http://upload.outdoorsfirst.com/watch.asp?id=1423

Lowrance HDS Sonar clip:
http://upload.outdoorsfirst.com/watch.asp?id=1424
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 5/11/2009 12:49 PM (#377373 - in reply to #376576)

Is the update in the Narvonics chip or is it something I'll have to install in my hds unit? Planing on picking up the base map hds 7. Just need normal map chip capabilities and sonar. Is it as is work for that base map unit?

Edited by Obfuscate Musky 5/11/2009 12:50 PM
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/11/2009 2:47 PM (#377405 - in reply to #376576)

The update will be from Lowrance, meaning it will update the unit. Navionics is still working on the correct software for the chip to work. But any chip you buy, will work in the unit once the update gets released and is downloaded on your unit.

May 15 is the new scheduled release date as I think I mentioned above.

You'll find the update at this link when it gets released.
http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/

Obfuscate Musky
Posted 5/12/2009 8:58 AM (#377562 - in reply to #376576)

So as of now if I bought it I couldn't even use a map chip?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/12/2009 9:29 AM (#377564 - in reply to #377562)

Obfuscate Musky - 5/12/2009 8:58 AM

So as of now if I bought it I couldn't even use a map chip?

At the moment, no. The update hasn't been released, the beta version is suppose to be released to the Lowrance pro staff tomorrow and if all goes well, by Friday they'll have it out for consumers on the Lowrance website to download, hopefully.

Here is where you can find the download once it gets released.
http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Product-Software-Updates/
Obfuscate Musky
Posted 5/12/2009 3:05 PM (#377668 - in reply to #376576)

OK, thanks for the info, I'll hold off until the update is ready and know theres no glitches.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)