Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> live bait rigs/ misc.... stuff

Message Subject: live bait rigs/ misc.... stuff
eric001
Posted 5/9/2009 11:33 PM (#377094)
Subject: live bait rigs/ misc.... stuff

what do you guys like to run for live bait?, do you like graphite or glass? have any of you tried floss rigging suckers or any other bait and trolling it behind ya? ive tried it with a souped up spinner rig with 1)#10blade and some beads and a trolling sinker to keep it down on 120 floro. ive had ok luck but I dont do much trolling. also I dont know if its be talked about but if any of you guys watch hunt for big fish with larry dahlberg he kite fished for ski's. ive done this when I lived in fl, for tarpon, sharks, and stuff but have anyof you had any midwest exp. with this. last summer I saw someone doing this near prescott on the croix and they got what looked to be a mid 40's but thats all ive seen of it besides on HFBF. also ive seen this discussed to a point but has any one tried umbrella rigs for tuna/sail/mahi ect.... or would this be a reg violation? you could only run one hook one one of the baits, or put a stinger on the bait with the hook to keep it legal, but with 6+ rubber fish/squids you's think that the hook up% would be low. also who trolls double 10's on down riggers? do you ever have a problem with the drag pulling the line out of the realease? anyways just throwing it out there -
fish4musky1
Posted 5/10/2009 1:19 AM (#377098 - in reply to #377094)
Subject: Re: live bait rigs/ misc.... stuff

i just use an graphite rod when soaking a sucker in the fall. if it was really cold i guess i would use my eagle claw. only like 40 bucks so if it breaks no biggie but i dont think it would break lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)