Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: from Beaver: "Yup, we're a pompous bunch. Yet I've never seen a site where guys open up their wallets and boats to help guys out who they've never even met. "
- (Added by: mikie)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> krylon fussion for plastics/wood info

Message Subject: krylon fussion for plastics/wood info
eric
Posted 4/17/2009 8:00 PM (#372781)
Subject: krylon fussion for plastics/wood info

ive poured some large plastics and I was wondering if the krylon fussion would stick to the plastic?(dont have the cash for a airbrush right now) by the way if james is reading this: I love your baits, the domimatrix are great too. what is a good wood to make gliders out of? ive gattered that walnut is good but are there any others? also do you guys think it is ness. to shrinkwrap the rear treble on the double 10's, is it that big of a deal to keep the rear treble inline? ive made a few with flashabou and marabou, I first put the marabou on the coil, then added the mag flash, they turned out great and the marabou adds some nice contrast to the lure, not that the bait needs any cause of the overly huge blades.
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/18/2009 11:06 AM (#372866 - in reply to #372781)
Subject: Re: krylon fussion for plastics/wood info

Hi Eric. I have used the Krylon paint on old Grandmas and other plastic baits and it does work well. You can actually paint well with spray paint cans once you practice. Key is, paint with a fast motion, about 6" away form the bait, and clean your tip after each use by turning the can upside down and holding the button for a few seconds. You can also cut out templates form cardboard and paint through that and also cheap netting from old sports bags (netting kind). As for the bucktails, thanks! The shrink tubing is to just helps the back hook form getting tangled in the skirt material. For wood, many others here can answer that much better than I can but I use maple (be careful it can split if it gets wet so pre-treat it and put a few good clear coats of epoxy on the final lure. Also bass or cedar is a good wood. You can go with balsa too if its a through wire bait or a topwater.

Post some pictures of your creations! I think you have to sign up to post pictures though. Only takes about 30 seconds to register and then you can post pics
James
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)