Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Replacing Floor

Reply New post
Message Subject: Replacing Floor
Sam Ubl
Posted 2/6/2009 10:31 AM (#359313)
Subject: Replacing Floor

I have a 17.5" Alumacraft Tournament Series I've been wanting to replace the floor in. . . Anyone have some direction as to where I should start?

Does Alumacraft sell pre-cut marine treated panels with carpeting already attached for the ultimate ease of reconstruction or do I need to get the hard hat on?

VMS Steve
Posted 2/6/2009 11:47 AM (#359320 - in reply to #359313)
Subject: RE: Replacing Floor

I think you are going to need the hard hat...Unfortunately.

Depending on certain areas, the floor should come up with relative ease for the most part. Drill the rivets out, unscrew where you can (around pedestal bases, etc. and it should come out without too much issue...

From there, if you can get some measurements off the old stuff, that will help out quite a bit. rivets and such you may have to measure where the support beams are on the hull, and transfer them to the board. Check for fitting with carpeting around the edges of the board. Once it fits down to your satisfaction, carpet(with glue), then install.

Easier said than done, but with time, a job that should not be too extremely tough...probably more tedious than anything.

Steve
brmusky
Posted 2/9/2009 1:40 PM (#359788 - in reply to #359313)
Subject: RE: Replacing Floor

I just picked up a couple of pieces of new flooring today for my Crestliner that they covered under warranty (rotted in a couple spots). They came cut and carpeted to install along with new hinges and hatch covers. First of all I would say contact Alumacraft and find out from them if they will help you out. If it is a newer boat they may warranty the floor. Even if they won't warranty the work - I imagine boat manufacturers are looking for ways to make money right now so maybe they would make them up for you.
If you do it yourself - I was told that you can pull up the old floor, remove the carpet, and use the old rotten wood for an outline to make your new piece. The carpet is held on with 3M adhesive spray, not sure of the exact name.
I will be working on putting in the new floor pieces one of these days so I hope it is easy as it looks.
Ranger
Posted 2/15/2009 1:01 PM (#360729 - in reply to #359313)
Subject: Re: Replacing Floor

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/

try this site for great info
motoyama
Posted 2/17/2009 7:41 PM (#361197 - in reply to #359313)
Subject: Re: Replacing Floor

I put all new Marine Plywood in my 1986 Sylvan this fall. It had the original carpet (which did not smell very pleasant) so instead of re-carpeting it I had a bed-liner type material sprayed on the whole floor. Sealed everything up and looks great, plus its a lot easier to clean and doesn't hold any odor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)