Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]

Reply New post
Message Subject: terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]
bob690
Posted 2/14/2009 5:01 PM (#360624)
Subject: terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]

Hello,Have the terrova,had a hard time deploying the motor.Have had 3 maxxums, just need some opinions.I mostly cast , vertical jig,and dropshot.Need some pros and cons.

Thanks Bob G.
esoxfly
Posted 2/15/2009 9:51 PM (#360803 - in reply to #360624)
Subject: Re: terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]

Are you thinking of switching back to a Maxxum? If your chief complaint of the Terrova is the deploy, the Maxxum/Fortex would solve that problem.

And shouldn't you be "bob620" now?
Posted 2/16/2009 7:59 AM (#360843 - in reply to #360624)
Subject: RE: terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]

What issues are you having with deploying the Terrova?

I have watched and have heard way to many people say they have "problem" with thier trolling motors, when in reality they are simply deploying it wrong.

I have had 2 Terrova's and 4 Power drives, and have NEVER had a deploy issues, but then somebody will say, "How does yours side so easy????" so they try it and it doesn't budge for them....they learn that there is a right way and a wrong way to deploy it.

I would simply advise you to learn how to deploy it correctly.
mustfish
Posted 2/19/2009 6:57 PM (#361647 - in reply to #360624)
Subject: RE: terrova vs fortrex[maxxum]

I'm not knocking a Terrova because I own one. I used mine all last season and I also had trouble deploying it. Now it seems to me if a number of Terrova owners are having trouble deploying the motor then its' a DESIGN problem!! Please don't tell me I don't know how to read the instructions and then perform the task of deploying the motor correctly. Ironically I still like the motor a great deal. The foot pedal works great and is easy to use and the 80 lbs of thrust moves my boat easily.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)