Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat Recarpeting

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat Recarpeting
Musky Brian
Posted 1/19/2009 3:07 PM (#356028)
Subject: Boat Recarpeting

anybody have a rough estimation what it would cost to recarpet a boat?

I'm looking at an 18 ft Ranger bass boat...
MACK
Posted 1/19/2009 3:59 PM (#356042 - in reply to #356028)
Subject: Re: Boat Recarpeting

Depends on a few things:

- Are you tackling this project by yourself? Or hiring it out to be done for you?

Obviously if you're hiring it out to be done, labor charges will be the biggest expense.

Other than that:

- Depends on what type, brand, style of carpeting you'll buy. There's cheap stuff, mid-grade stuff and then high-end stuff

- Depends on the cost per square foot of carpeting.

- Depends on how many square feet of carpeting you'll need to take on a boat of your size.

- I'm assuming this Ranger you're looking at does not have any wood flooring since it's a glass boat, correct? If there would happen to be any wood flooring, as there is in other brands of boats, there might need to be some fresh, new, treated wood put down in addition to the carpeting.

- If you're hiring it out to be done and maybe to save a little on the labor costs, are you removing objects in advance, such as consoles, etc, to have access to the flooring?
Musky Brian
Posted 1/19/2009 11:20 PM (#356168 - in reply to #356042)

I would definetely looking to hire somebody out and tackle the entire project, I was wondering how much damage one can expect for the whole process..
sworrall
Posted 1/19/2009 11:44 PM (#356170 - in reply to #356028)

I've seen quotes at $1000.00 to $1200.00. if you look at an independent you might be able to get the job done for around $800.
Peaches
Posted 1/20/2009 7:37 AM (#356181 - in reply to #356028)
Subject: RE: Boat Recarpeting

Sworrall,

Can you recommend anybody in the price range you are talking? It is something I have wanted to do over the last couple of years. At that price I feel even if I was to sell my boat I could recover the cost.

Jeff
esoxriebe
Posted 1/20/2009 10:21 AM (#356200 - in reply to #356028)

If you live in northern illinois or southern wisconsin I have a great mechanic who did an awsome job on my boat carpet. His name is Gordi Miller and he runs a small shop in round lake beach 847-830-8061 this is near the fox chain. Gordi has done a lot of work for me, he does mostly high performance boats and is probably one of the best two stroke mechanics in the midwest and has very fair prices
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)