Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Exo

Message Subject: Exo
WI Skis
Posted 9/21/2008 11:02 AM (#337082)
Subject: Exo

Has anyone tried the new EXO from Mania Tackle. They looke pretty good, but was wondering if anyone has any info on the durability of them.

Peter
Tackle Industries
Posted 9/21/2008 11:19 AM (#337084 - in reply to #337082)
Subject: Re: Exo

I "touched" one a few weeks back and the plastisol seems real good on them. I do not knwo what the internal guts (harness) look like. I don't think you will go wrong with most lures from Musky Mania. Need to buy one for fall to see how they work myself.
whit65
Posted 9/21/2008 8:35 PM (#337128 - in reply to #337082)
Subject: RE: Exo

I have two of the large ones, 5 of the smaller ones. They're stiffer plastic than Super Ds, and I love the tail on the big one but the tail on the smaller (Mag Dawg Size) ones is too thin IMO, though they are of a sturdier material, I fear that they'd be more prone to tearing. As far as how they run, they run well, hang quite well, the big one similar hang and size to an 11" Curly Sue, the smaller ones are somewhere between a shallow and a regular mag dawg in hang time. I added a 1/2 oz bell sinker to the front hook of my smaller ones to help their action. I will say that I rip these types of baits pretty aggresively and they held up as well as the Super D, and of course bulldawgs that I jerk like this last a matter of hours. No fish on the Exo yet, however.
FYI - If you want to try one of the smaller (mag dawg) sized ones I have plenty and would sell you one unused, PM me.
W
Esoxonthefly421
Posted 9/22/2008 10:19 AM (#337197 - in reply to #337082)
Subject: Re: Exo

I just got one and I'm looking forward to using it next Monday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)