Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Eagle Sonar with GPS question?

Message Subject: Eagle Sonar with GPS question?
jgd2305
Posted 3/21/2008 11:42 PM (#308939)
Subject: Eagle Sonar with GPS question?

I'm looking for a graph with a gps that I can use lake chips in, I was checking out the Eagle Fishelite 480, and the Eagle Seacharter 480DF, they are priced very well compared to some of the other units, but I don't want to make a mistake and buy something cheaper that doesn't cut it. I'm new to the GPS graph world, so any input you could give would be appreciated.
fugles
Posted 3/21/2008 11:52 PM (#308943 - in reply to #308939)
Subject: RE: Eagle Sonar with GPS question?

Yes they are a very good outfit. But the only thing lacking is color and some of the spendy extras that are not necessary. I strongly recomend that one for the price you can't go wrong.
shaley
Posted 3/22/2008 12:07 AM (#308946 - in reply to #308943)

I run a Fishstrike 1000C and love it. Not all the bells and wistles of a Lowrance but does all I need it to do.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 3/22/2008 8:19 AM (#308960 - in reply to #308939)
Subject: Re: Eagle Sonar with GPS question?

Not sure if you knew this, but Lowrance owns Eagle. So in other words, Eagle locators have been a very solid locator for a long time. Typically, the Eagle units have small few differences, but just enough to make them a little cheaper for a guy who doesn't want to spend the money for a Lowrance. But hands down, I would not be afraid to go with any Eagle unit.

I would also suggest, if you can possible spend the extra on a color unit, you will not be disappointed. The color in my opinion really helps.

Edited by Merckid 3/22/2008 8:25 AM
whit65
Posted 3/22/2008 9:43 AM (#308971 - in reply to #308960)

I've got an Eagle FishElite 320 graph and GPS, and I love it! I agree that color would be sweet, but this unit has always worked great for me, takes the HotMaps chips (SD) and is easy to read and loaded with several features. Also use it in my vehicles as a GPS map. No directions or anything, but great for seeing where you are on a big screen!
W
RyanJoz
Posted 3/22/2008 4:32 PM (#309046 - in reply to #308939)

My dad has the FishElite 480 and he really likes it. The monochrome screen was easier to see than the 1st generation color screens due to glare. If running dual units I would try to go Lowrance and network them together, but if one GPS is all that is needed, this would be a serious option, due to the price, for me. It works great with the Navionics SD card and has given us no problems.

Does anyone know if Eagle units will be able to be networked in the near future?
Mark
Posted 9/17/2008 1:07 PM (#336607 - in reply to #308939)

I realize this is an old thread, but I recently bought the eagle FishElite 640C External Antenna version) at WALMART for $474, and they ave In store delivery & pick up. That's about $85 cheaper that I was even finding on EBAY and other online resellers.

The resolution (640x480) is plenty detailed. I am using the FHS-E card from 2005 on this unit an the contour detail is great. I can only hope the newer versions of that one and the Navionics cards are even Better!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)