Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman for LOW

Message Subject: Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman for LOW
msky3
Posted 9/12/2008 10:45 AM (#335852)
Subject: Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman for LOW

Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman. I am heading to Canada Sept 26-Oct4 and Oct 25-Nov1 am looking for someone to share a cabin for the week.. The Resort is situated on prime fishing water in the NW Angle. I have been fishing this area for 6-8 weeks a year for ten years and know the area well. This would be a great opportunity to learn Fall Fishing in Canada trolling and casting
Do not miss this opportunity. Email me. [email protected]
Ol' Scratchy
Posted 9/12/2008 7:09 PM (#335913 - in reply to #335852)
Subject: RE: Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman for LOW

Hey msky3,

I don't know what you consider die hard, but I am possibly interested. How much would it cost where you stay at and what kind of boat do you fish out of??
I fish musky's on and off on the Chipp. Flowage and some Hayward lakes but have never been on a Canadian trip. Do you normally fish all day, or take breaks or change it up and fish for some walleyes or bass? My biggest fish was on the Chipp. (a nice 43 incher) but have seen a possible world record.............the fish's head was on one side of the boat and it's tail was visible on the other!!!!!! If a guy ended up gettin a big one, would you have a problem with someone keeping it for a mount? Where do you land your boat at and how much gas would you have to use? Is there hot water, telephone or meals served where you stay or is it more like roughing it? Would you possibly consider a third person in the boat? My son in law has yet to get a skie but loves to fish and has a great attitude!

Eric Larson

**** what are the hot baits up there? I usually fish with only a couple baits; a Trophy Hi-Fin, a Creeper and live suckers, or the occasional red squirrel.

Mr Musky
Posted 9/12/2008 10:33 PM (#335932 - in reply to #335852)
Subject: Re: Looking for a die hard Musky fisherman for LOW

Okay that out of the way the first dates mentioned you'd be primarily casting and probably a little troling mixed in,his second date would be strictly trolling which is VERY tough on onesself when the conditions are less then normal, it can be downright brutal at anytime in October and you just have to deal w/it. We've got burned 5 days in a row so I VERY well know what it's like. Can you beat it??????????? No,,,,, Nothing like having the lake to yourself....

MM.

Edited by Mr Musky 9/13/2008 8:37 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)