Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin

Message Subject: Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin
J.Spisak
Posted 8/29/2008 2:52 PM (#334072)
Subject: Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin

I'm headed up to Northern Wisconsin this Sunday. I have heard a lot of good things about, but I've never been on Lake Tomahawk. So I was thinking of spending some time on it.
So I am wondering the usual boys...
What baits, what patterns/structure, what locations & what times would you be hitting it? I know it appears that I'm asking a bit of information, but you am not asking any of you to tell me you secret spot on the lake or anything like that. I am just looking for info that would get me in the right areas. Thanks a bunch guys.
Raider150
Posted 8/29/2008 3:05 PM (#334074 - in reply to #334072)
Subject: RE: Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin

If its hot and sunny I wouldn't even bother during the day. There will be so much boat traffic,you will feel like a bobber. Nightime is a different story. Get yourself a lakemap and the spots will jump out at you. As far as lures Cranks rubber and hair + topwater will all see some action. Silver and black tails and walleye for the rubber. Hope this helps

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(42.5.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(36.5.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 42.5.JPG (123KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments 36.5.JPG (102KB - 97 downloads)
J.Spisak
Posted 8/29/2008 5:03 PM (#334081 - in reply to #334072)
Subject: Re: Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin

Thanks Raider. I was thinking that but wasn't 100% sure, (clear water?), with lots of traffic.
Any other info boys would be appreciated.
Ifishskis
Posted 8/30/2008 10:23 AM (#334129 - in reply to #334081)

LT is a huge lake and it will be busy during the day tis weekend with the "great" weather 4casted. Looks like "great" weather is predicted for most of the upcoming week too.

There's a ton of other people who could chime in but other than early AM/evening/night fishing, I would suggest taking one segment of the lake and breaking it down into a milkrun of spots. The spots could have a variety of structure, cover, etc. Cover all levels of the water column.

You could waste more time driving your boat around on LT than actually fishing it. Get a map of course.
magnum
Posted 9/2/2008 9:31 PM (#334484 - in reply to #334129)

Last thursday there was a 53 incher caught on lake tomahawk. It was caught at night on a creeper. Great lake to fish.
Reef Hawg
Posted 9/3/2008 7:42 AM (#334511 - in reply to #334072)
Subject: RE: Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua Wisconsin

Buddy called me after he got the 53. I know he fishes there, but Lake Tom wasn't 100% confirmed. What a fish!!!!! He also got a 51" the day before, somewhere on the chain I beleive as well, all after a week on Eagle in Canada with a 43" as his biggest.... go figure...

Edited by Reef Hawg 9/3/2008 7:45 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)