Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Thank You "Titletown"

Message Subject: Thank You "Titletown"
UPMuskyr
Posted 2/27/2008 11:06 AM (#304136)
Subject: Thank You "Titletown"

The "Boundary Waters Musky Club" would like to give a big "Thank You" to the "Titletown" Muskies Inc. club for allowing us to raffle off a St. Croix rod at their banquet last night. Boundary Waters is in the growing stages, trying to gain our non-profit status so someday we can hold our own fundraising banquet. Again Thank you to the Titletown guys and gals....Randy Pearson
BTW it was an excellant banquet,(although I didn't win anything) Jay Zahn was an excellant MC
dannyboy
Posted 2/27/2008 11:08 AM (#304137 - in reply to #304136)
Subject: RE: Thank You "Titletown"

although i coundnt make it. id like to also thank the titletown club for helping us out

dannyboy
UPMuskyr
Posted 2/27/2008 11:16 AM (#304138 - in reply to #304136)
Subject: Re: Thank You "Titletown"

Danny you would have been proud of the way "Titletown" and Lax Taxidermy remembered Rick Merevdan with the fish replicas...Randy

Edited by UPMuskyr 2/27/2008 11:18 AM
dannyboy
Posted 2/27/2008 12:44 PM (#304167 - in reply to #304138)

shane sent me a picture of the replica last night.
absolutely spectacular.

no doubt rick does fine work and his family are very kind people.

dannyboy
Shane Mason
Posted 2/28/2008 4:58 AM (#304347 - in reply to #304167)

Thank you Titletown! They also raffled off a rod Rick designed for Lamiglas, with the proceeds going to the Rick Meverden memorial outing. Outstanding!

And a very special thank you to Rick and Shannon Lax. Once again going way above and beyond. Their kindness and extreme generosity, donating 3 unbelievably gorgeous reproductions to the family, the club, and myself. I find it very hard to find the words to express my gratitude. I am still amazed at all the good that has come of this tragedy already. We may have lost our very good friend in Rick Meverden, but I think we have also gained 2 in Rick and Shannon Lax. Truly first class people, and a first class organization in Lax Reproductions. The amount of work Rick Lax put into these is incredible, thank you again!

And also thanks to Ron Wiitanen who makes the RJ lures Rick was so fond of,
http://www.rjlures.com/
catching several fish including his last on your bait. For donating the baits to go with the fish.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Picture1132.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture1132.jpg (60KB - 147 downloads)
Steve Horton
Posted 2/28/2008 11:11 AM (#304406 - in reply to #304136)

I'm a big karma guy. And all this is good karma for many people. When you net my fish for me, Shane, you can bet Lax will get my business. His shop must be a little what heaven must be like. Hope you take good pictures. LOL.
ostdc
Posted 2/28/2008 11:36 AM (#304411 - in reply to #304136)

I had it BAD for that 9' rod. Too bad I didn't win it!
Brian
Terese
Posted 2/28/2008 6:54 PM (#304543 - in reply to #304411)

The reproductions that were done are beyond gorgeous...we want to sincerely thank Rick and Shannon Lax and RJ Lures, Titletown, Lamiglas, and EVERYONE who has been there beside us on this journey. I could mention so many names but I know I'd forget someone so I just want to say thank you to all. Thank you for your kindness, caring, concern, (and stories we hadn't heard that make us giggle), and for just being all around good people. Every day I pray for blessings and the safety of all fishermen and their families. It's one thing I can do for ALL of you....again...thanks and God Bless.

Terese

Edited by Terese 2/28/2008 7:22 PM
Reproduction Rick
Posted 3/1/2008 8:44 PM (#304961 - in reply to #304543)

It was an absolute pleasure to finally meet Terese, Margo and Cory in person. Like I’ve said before when Rick and I heard Rick’s story we felt a strong desire to not only say something but do something to remember this strong, devoted and caring man. Titletown did a fantastic job honoring an individual who touched so many lives ever after his journey to heaven. There are better people on earth due to the life and story of one man. Now that’s powerful!

Terese – Keep in touch! I cannot convey in words how honored I was to meet you as well as chat with you for what seemed like most of the night! You’re the best! Margo and Cory – God Bless!

Shane and Danny you both are always in my thoughts. You’re actions on that day as well as those of Jeremy and others will never be forgotten.

Shannon
Shane Mason
Posted 3/2/2008 8:38 PM (#305126 - in reply to #304406)

Steve, why stop at one? Lets shoot for a couple of those super tankers!
I am counting down the days right now, the season cant get here fast enough!

I think we got more than a few new Lax clients at the show this weekend, several people came up and commented on what an awesome thing Rick and Shannon did for us.

Tilky had his fish down there, I think I spent almost as much time taking people over and showing them that fish, as I did working the beast teaser booth, as fate would have it, right across from Tilky's fish were two old skin mounts to show people the advantages, funny how things work out sometimes

ostdc, thanks for stopping down Sunday. We will make sure we put you down for one of the rods.

We will be taking orders for the Rick Meverden edition rod at the next Titletown meeting for anyone else who is interested. As well as through
Fathead Frans Bait Shop
1845 Velp Ave
Green Bay WI
920-498-9999

Thanks to everyone who stopped down and talked to us this weekend!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)