Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Another rod question/recommendation

Message Subject: Another rod question/recommendation
Targa01
Posted 2/22/2008 12:34 PM (#303086)
Subject: Another rod question/recommendation

Well I hate to put out another rod question but I'm looking for another rod to toss my Mag Dawgs, Hang 10, bigger cranks, etc... So far I've come down to a Figrig Tooth Tamer 8' XXX or a Compre 8' XH Fast action. Figrigs are rated for more lure weight and I guess they also have the 8' Heavy action but both the XXX and Compre are priced around $120 which I would like to stay around. Currently the only other nicer rod I have is an 8' Fenwick HMX MH action I use for bucktails and other baits. Opinions or other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance..

Mike

ps.. I know Figrigs are made in my hometown (which I should be loyal) but I wanted to check out the options.
bad brad
Posted 2/22/2008 4:25 PM (#303169 - in reply to #303086)
Subject: Re: Another rod question/recommendation

I've been using a St. Croix premier rated for 2 to 8oz. It has worked very well but I just purchased a Musky inno. 8'6"
to try. Its a little heavy weight wise but otherwise it seems like a good stick. I dont know about the fig rigs but I know they had problems in the past. I dont know if there better now and I'm not trying too slam them at all because I have never used them.Just here say.

Brad
Targa01
Posted 2/22/2008 6:17 PM (#303202 - in reply to #303086)
Subject: Re: Another rod question/recommendation

Thanks for the reply Brad. I've heard the same things so kind of why I put this out there. I've done a search on here for Fig's and it was mixed also but mostly good. I haven't been able to find any of these rods in the local shops so I don't know what the action is exactly like and I hate to get a rod that's to stiff or one that just isn't right for the larger baits.

Thanks again.... any more thoughts from you guys out there?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)