Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

Message Subject: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec
helmout
Posted 1/30/2008 8:50 PM (#297777)
Subject: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

Hi all, from a fellow canadien musky fisher.

I've been reading you for a year now and enjoy all your stories and tips.

Just started musky fishing the last 2 months of the past season and had the bite.....

I invested a lot of money this winter to get information and equipement.

I got myself some dvds,vhss and a membership to esox and musky hunter magazine.

I'm preparing myself for the new season and want to know the best techiques for the opening season on my theritory the saint lawrence river in quebec(canada).

-What kind of structures i should work.
-What kind of lures is beter.
-What are the forage fish in this river.
-Where the fish are gonna be after the spawn.
-What kind of depht would be beter to start 1-3/ 3-10.
-Some good lure for troling.

Any good information you can have from this river would be welcome.

I know a lot of canadian are on this web site hoping to get some info....

Even you fellow american that come fish here in canada on a trip , if you had a trip on this river i will take your info with pleasure.

Ps. i dont want the location of your spot on a map but only infos to get myself started for the opening season.

You can PM me if you dont want to post.

Thx a lot

Here are somes of my fish to give you the taste of the canadian musky for your next trip

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8656/1001934jv7.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5205/1001878eh5.jpg
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2430/1001873td7.jpg

stugots4u
Posted 1/30/2008 9:04 PM (#297779 - in reply to #297777)
Subject: Re: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

With the size of the fish you have in the pics , it looks like you already no. You should tell everyone on here your secrets. Remember to keep your lure in the water. look for the warmer water adject to the spawning area and close to the deeper water. I dont really fish rivers much but that works on flowages. Also match the hatch in spring. Lure size and colors!!!
helmout
Posted 1/30/2008 9:21 PM (#297786 - in reply to #297777)
Subject: Re: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

46/44/45
I caught those troling at hight speed in october/november at the end of the season .
Thats for why im asking for thecnique to find them i think maybe they wont be at the same place at the begining of the season...
BenR
Posted 1/31/2008 10:48 AM (#297887 - in reply to #297786)

Join muskies canada, you have a great chapter in Quebec as I was lucky enough to attend some meeting and meet some of the guys. However they were in french, do I only guessed what they were saying:)...Anyhow it is a tight lipped bunch out there, but great guys once you get to know them....good luck...Ben
MUSKYBOY
Posted 1/31/2008 11:14 AM (#297892 - in reply to #297777)

Nice fish, keep at it. Invest in some Les Chubbies is all I can recommend!
snaggletooth
Posted 1/31/2008 11:25 AM (#297894 - in reply to #297777)
Subject: RE: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

In one of the 2007 issues of Musky Hunter Magazine, an article was published about long-line trolling on the St Lawrence. Long being 200+ feet of line behind the boat. Its a specialized technique thats been refined by local anglers on the St Lawrence, for the clear waters there.

For you, getting that article to read is finding a "back-issue". Not sure which issue it is.

Richard Collin, Mark Thorpe, & Larry Jones are all musky guides who frequently fish the St. Lawrence. They are experts on the info you seek. They all have websites and are usually available by phone or email. I know from personal experiences that both Richard & Larry are very generous about giving general techniques for catching muskies during whatever season you are asking. They will even offer to show it to you in-person, for a nominal fee.

helmout
Posted 1/31/2008 9:03 PM (#298038 - in reply to #297777)
Subject: RE: Techniques for the the opening season on Saint-lawrence river in quebec

thx and for les chubbies i ordered one 5 days ago

Just confirm what i was thinking of hoping i would say

I'm waiting for the next meeting of musky canada to join them to
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)