Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu Garcia 6000 EXT...opinions?

Message Subject: Abu Garcia 6000 EXT...opinions?
Pete Stoltman
Posted 2/12/2008 9:00 AM (#300407)
Subject: Abu Garcia 6000 EXT...opinions?

The Garcia 6000 EXT doesn't seem to be getting much press in the musky world. I know of only a couple guys who have them and liked them a lot. It's got a one piece frame, 4.7:1 gear ratio and the size is pretty manageable. They have a similar size and appearance to the now gone Morrums. Here's my observations: I like the size, frame, gearing is fine, and the thumbar pushes straight down. Things I am unsure of: not nuts about the plastic level wind mechanism and don't really care about the additional magnetic braking system (for musky fishing). Have some of you guys used this reel and what is your experience with them? Now, please don't tell me I should buy some other brand. I already pretty much know what's out there. Im looking for input on this specific model. Considering running a couple of them this year.
porterhouse
Posted 2/12/2008 10:16 AM (#300433 - in reply to #300407)
Subject: Re: Abu Garcia 6000 EXT...opinions?

Pete,
I used the 6000 EXT last season with no problems. I used the reel for throwing spinnerbaits and crankbaits. I'm also not crazy about the additional mag braking system. I think this is a very nice reel but I still love my Morrum's!!!

Brian
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)