Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> "Les Chubbie" BK lures

Message Subject: "Les Chubbie" BK lures
needa70lber
Posted 11/24/2007 9:28 PM (#286054)
Subject: "Les Chubbie" BK lures

How good is this bait? Just another st. clair troller or what? Same as wiley's? and all other harvo's? I cast more than troll. Muskyshop says 50 muskie over 50" in testing, one at 58"! I own every bait concieved, is this another bait to buy and try or just another fad? How chubbie is it, as much as a weagle I may be interested. Some Leo cranks are fat too, and don't produce for me. Don't use em enough.

The baits I throw in order are grinders, surface, jerk/glide, bucktail, than cranks. Depending on the conditions.

Edited by needa70lber 11/24/2007 9:43 PM
tomcat
Posted 11/25/2007 3:40 PM (#286124 - in reply to #286054)
Subject: Re: "Les Chubbie" BK lures

i have some...i have fished with them...
it shines more as a trolling bait than it does a casting bait...but you can cast them w/ success. but i'd surely call it a trolling bait.
how chubby are they? yea, the diameter is similar to that of a weagle..
update..i just went out to my musky room and compared the weagle to the chubbie. they are VERY similar in diameter. the tail section of the chubbie is tapered down (like all jointed speed trolling baits) so that's smalled in diameter than the head piece of the chubbie.
you really can't compare a leo to chubbie. i believe the chubbie knocks harder and has much bigger shake. i have quite few jointed trolling baits (couple hundred probably) and the Les Chubby is one of my favorites. i have reeled in some really nice fish on them in both stained and clear water...they are nice.
"it is the same as a wileys"? is your question..sure, it's kind of like a wiley, only fatter with a louder knock. i also love wiley baits.
gimo
Posted 11/27/2007 1:34 PM (#286471 - in reply to #286124)

Was'nt there a video going around showing Marc Thorpe catching three fatties on the Ottawa River using Les Chubbies ?
MUSKYBOY
Posted 12/1/2007 11:11 PM (#287244 - in reply to #286054)

Great lures for trolling that have caught fish for me here in the US and especially in Canada
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)