Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Broken Rod

Message Subject: Broken Rod
Kazmuskie
Posted 9/24/2007 10:43 PM (#276379)
Subject: Broken Rod

I broke one the other day. Stuck an immovable object while trolling. It snapped right in front of the real seat. It has everything up from the front cork. Anyone have a suggestion for what I can make it into? Warranty is outdated so that options out.
reelman
Posted 9/25/2007 6:57 AM (#276399 - in reply to #276379)
Subject: Re: Broken Rod

A tomatoe stake? Seriously when trolling lighten the drag up some.
MACK
Posted 9/25/2007 7:11 AM (#276403 - in reply to #276379)

In years past...when my cousin and I were younger, in our more "spirited days" and he'd do something stupid like snag the seawall six times in a row after me telling him five times in a row to not cast that far and to get some dexterity and control over his cast....or see and eye dr. to fix his depth of field problems (LOL!).....and he'd inevitably break that rod and turn and ask me a smarta__ question like, "Do you have any duct tape?"

We'd then take the broken rod back to the cabin...trash the end with the eyelets and use the handle portion as a pretty sweet hand-held, bottle-rocket launcher. Made for some good fun around the bon-fire at nights.

Edited by MACK 9/25/2007 7:15 AM
JKahler
Posted 9/26/2007 12:33 AM (#276586 - in reply to #276379)

The handle/reel seat end is nice for spooling new line on a reel. I also broke one a few months ago.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)